Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problems starting 2002 brp

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

problems starting 2002 brp - Page 2 Empty Re: problems starting 2002 brp

Post  Guest Mon May 09, 2011 9:16 am

On the morrow is fine Rob, just don't make it on the marrow, I'd hate to see posts posted from the intensive care ward razz If it'll go like it should do then you're gonna rave here, especially so when you can find an open piece for opening it up. Mind the stone walls eh, if you're used to supers then the standard brakes will take a bit of "getting used to" Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Now then folks.

Thanks for all your help sorting out my starting issues. It has taken me so long to reattach new throttle and clutch cables as I had a nasty crash on my ktm. Anyway, the Bike starts pretty easy now! Only been down the road but this thing keeps on pulling and pullling...choo choo!

Did a 2nd gear power wheelie overtaking a taxi. love this bike.. just gotta sort the brake issues. It feels like there is no front brake!

Once again, thanks!

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:25 pm

"feels as.... no brake" - compared to????

I also thought that, coming off my CBR600RR! But hey, that's an unfair comparison, and in the field you do not want the brakes to be as vicious. However, a bit bigger disc (not a sumofo-320mm one!!) will help here, especially when you'll find yourself on road also.
Otherwise, sintered pads work wonders, and even a braided line does. Nothing wrong with the std one's mind, just better & sharper.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:26 am

robthebob wrote:Now then folks.

Thanks for all your help sorting out my starting issues. It has taken me so long to reattach new throttle and clutch cables as I had a nasty crash on my ktm. Anyway, the Bike starts pretty easy now! Only been down the road but this thing keeps on pulling and pullling...choo choo!

Did a 2nd gear power wheelie overtaking a taxi. love this bike.. just gotta sort the brake issues. It feels like there is no front brake!

Once again, thanks!

Rob

Get an EBC 280mm oversize front rotor (320 if a Motard). Then you will say, you don't have a rear brake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2