Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUDDEN BACKFIRE - ENGINE DIES - NO COMPRESSION

Go down

SUDDEN BACKFIRE - ENGINE DIES - NO COMPRESSION Empty SUDDEN BACKFIRE - ENGINE DIES - NO COMPRESSION

Post  Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I have a 2001 brp - it runs good but once or twice a week it will just backfire real loud out of the blue while I am riding it at speed and shut down in the middle of the road - the next weird thing is-- that it then has no compression for about 12-18 kicks! it then will find compression after kicking it in the middle of the intersection--then start normally and ride fine for the rest of the day. any explanation of why it would lose compression for that many kicks would be eye opening. thanks. scratch shrug

Back to top Go down

SUDDEN BACKFIRE - ENGINE DIES - NO COMPRESSION Empty Re: SUDDEN BACKFIRE - ENGINE DIES - NO COMPRESSION

Post  Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:28 am

seaona wrote:I have a 2001 brp - it runs good but once or twice a week it will just backfire real loud out of the blue while I am riding it at speed and shut down in the middle of the road - the next weird thing is-- that it then has no compression for about 12-18 kicks! it then will find compression after kicking it in the middle of the intersection--then start normally and ride fine for the rest of the day. any explanation of why it would lose compression for that many kicks would be eye opening. thanks. scratch shrug
Check that you have plenty of free play in the decomp lever cable especially when the handlebars are at full lock.

Back to top Go down

SUDDEN BACKFIRE - ENGINE DIES - NO COMPRESSION Empty Re: SUDDEN BACKFIRE - ENGINE DIES - NO COMPRESSION

Post  Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Ever find your problem?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down