Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarke 4.3 Gal. install

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 Empty Re: Clarke 4.3 Gal. install

Post  Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 am

DirtyErnie wrote:BTW anyone know if this is normal for the filter screen to look this way?!
Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 Tank%2520mod%2520005

When I pulled my stock tank and installed my Clarke 4.3 my petcock and strainer looked just like this. So I'm guessing it's pretty normal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:40 am

Sorry I missed the squashed filter part...mine look the same even the spare 1.... Bump 
Brand new looks the same....
Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 $(KGrHqJ,!qoFCS2KvcLFBQ335DwPZw~~60_57
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 Empty Barkbuster mod

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:43 am

I just installed a clarke tank and i had to modify the barkbusters and remove the cooling fan and turn the fat bar adaptors around the wrong way for it to fit.Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 Picture001_zps7fbfcaba

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:25 pm

The stock triple clamp places the bars way too far back for me, so mine has an Applied triple clamp.  No problem with the tank fit!

Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 P1020028

Back to top Go down

Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 Empty over the hill

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Can anyone talk me through the over the hump mod?

I can see anything on the Advrider thread (http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/xr650r-thread.409774/page-621 )or the motionpro site (http://www.motionpro.com/search?q=fuel&page=1)

Is it simply a case of attaching a tube to the top of the petcock and running it to the lower left side?
Will the carb draw it up and over once started?

I guess i could always install a filter post valve pre carb.

Back to top Go down

Clarke 4.3 Gal. install - Page 2 Empty How many km you do with the new tank?

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 am

I wonder how many km you did on your first fill up? How many gallon holds the original tank? I think the max I ever put in mine is around 10 liters when is bone dry.
Are you doing the cross over thing?

DirtyErnie wrote:I don't know if the contact at full lock could be due to a misalignment or irregularity of the tank molding. I also have HDB upper bar clamps which hang back a bit farther than stock. It doesn't touch at full lock the other way but is fairly close leading me to believe that the tank is lined up pretty evenly. I know that Clarke was having manufacturing issues recently as this is the reason I was given for the long delay in getting my tank.

As far as sharing this info, go for it, that's why I post it. In my opinion, once it's posted online it's public info anyway. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:44 am

The stock tank is 2.6 gal or 9.8 liters. I usually get about 150 miles from my Clarke 4.3 running 1/2 dirt and pavement.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2