Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre selection

Go down

Tyre selection Empty Tyre selection

Post  Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Gday fella.s - I,m Bowie from Newcastle NSW Australia - I ride an 05 model - only mods are staintune header and exhaust - 15/42 gearing and extra padding in that bloody hard seat - fitted small front blinkers to inner barkbuster ( those big bulky square things scream " smash me off every ride " ). We often do 250 - 300 klm loops of the Watagon ranges thru to Yengo state forest with fuel and beer stops spaced out nicely - last tyre changes I tried the dunlop 606,s - excellent - instead of changing every third or so ride - I just did my tenth ride on them - and they are just changing from bald but still fun to bald and dangerous - about a quarter of each ride is tar - front tyre gets a bit sketchy at stupid speeds on the gravel but thats a small trade off - does anyone know of a better tyre in their experience for this type of riding - cheers

Back to top Go down

Tyre selection Empty Re: Tyre selection

Post  Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 am

I think the Pirelli rally cross 130 last longer not as good on the road as the 606 but as good in the bush when I let most of the air out. Sill got the Dunlop 606 on the front probable not recommended by the experts but a good combo for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 am

Thanx for your opinion Madkate - I,ll look into it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down