Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valve Spec Help

Go down

Valve Spec Help Empty Valve Spec Help

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Hey guys, Damian here. I do not own a xr but could really use your help. I am in the middle of a full build on a 08 Honda 700xx. I have my head ported with other bolt ons. I was going to have Kibblewhite make me some custom 37mm intake valves till someone brung to my attention the xr already has this... Could anyone get me the overall valve length and stem size please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by smo0oth1 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Valve Spec Help Empty Re: Valve Spec Help

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:34 am

Valve Spec Help 004

Valve Spec Help 005-1

Valve Spec Help 002-1

Valve Spec Help 003

Valve Spec Help 004

Valve Spec Help 006-1

Having trouble posting pic's anyway the valves are slightly different lengths but the stems seem the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:53 am

Pikkos wrote:Having trouble posting pic's anyway the valves are slightly different lengths but the stems seem the same.
Fixed the post for you. Remember to use the image icon then paste the image link in the box...Or insert Valve Spec Help  before the image link and after.
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:16 am

Perfect!!! Thanks a million, they do fit!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Did the XR have dual valve springs or a kit for them? I am looking to get some XR chromoly or titanium retainers, The 700xx has dual Valve springs and i'm sure there would be a difference...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Good morning Smo0oth 1, I got the valve spring kit it,s got light weight dual springs + titanium retainers, I will take some pic,s when i get home from work

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 pm

I really appreciate the help, this thead will be helping us XX owners allot. If possible measure the overall height and bottom spring diameter as you did in the valve pics. I want to ensure they sit on the head correctly. Thanks for your time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Back again, still having trouble posting pic,s so have a look https://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/Pikkos21/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:16 am

Well there is a slight difference in the valve springs so were not going to chance anything. The XR 102mm piston is a match except for the 23mm Wrist pin, the XX is 24mm. We had a XR Stage II HotCam we compared with the XX and its a perfect match. The XR cam does not have the Decomp but the one off the XX cam will fit it.

I appreciate your time and patience, your help has really sped up this build.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:52 am

Sorry about all the questions but search isn't helping much. How much low end will you lose with a HotCams stage II cam over a stage I? I am building with wood trails in mind and do not want to sacrifice much low end torque.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down