Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jetting?

Go down

Jetting? Empty Jetting?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm

I suppose my bike needs to be rejetted. It came from California, and I live in Mississippi, so that's probably one reason. It's been uncorked and has Big Gun exhaust, but a stock air filter. I usually start it on full choke, and have to move it to half choke quickly before it dies. I think the average person would say it runs perfect, but anyone who messes with bikes can tell it's got a tiny sputter. It hesitates if I try to take off quickly, and yesterday it stalled while taking off, then didn't want to start back up. I had just ridden it 5 miles to a gas station, and I had to half choke it and give it gas so it wouldn't die, then took it off of choke (still giving it a little gas), and I took off and rode home. It idles, has never needed a little throttle to stay running before until that moment. And another thing, if it's idling and I back up, it dies after rolling backward a few feet. If anyone can think of any other reason these hiccups may have occurred, I'd appreciate the feedback. And as for jetting, does anyone know which way I need to go with it? On a side note, it had emissions equipment, but it's been removed, and I don't know if it has ever been rejetted, or if it was done prior to or after the aftermarket exhaust was added.

Back to top Go down

Jetting? Empty Re: Jetting?

Post  Mauser Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Remove the carb and clean it out...check what's in there... jets etc ?
Here's our guide to doing the job listen up
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/service/carb/carb.shtml
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down