Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renthals bars 7/8 on stock tree can be done?

Go down

Renthals bars 7/8 on stock tree can be done?  Empty Renthals bars 7/8 on stock tree can be done?

Post  Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 am

Guys I order some parts for my BRP since I never change any stock parts before I wonder if the renthal bar 7/8 will fit on my stock riser? Do I need to order anything else to make it fit? Also I got a renthal chain with o ring 110 links, never change the chain before, do the renthal chains comes ready to install or do you need to put the links together? I also order the renthal sprocket leave the same factory 14 48 didn't want to mess with it. That's all guys I am getting her ready for the first ride at the end of April. I will post some pictures before and after with the new goodies, just basic stuff nothing really fancy. The fancy stuff will come when I order my new Marchessini wheels with the supermoto brakes and tires, then will talk!

Back to top Go down

Renthals bars 7/8 on stock tree can be done?  Empty Re: Renthals bars 7/8 on stock tree can be done?

Post  Mauser Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:47 am

Bars will just drop on fit fine, with your chain it will depend on if you have ordered a plit linked chain or soft link chain ?. The split link is like on your bike when you were a kid, I wouldn't ride my bike with 1 fitted but others may differ ?. The soft link looks similar to a split link apart from it needs to be peened over when fitted to make it a permanent joint, you can by a tool to do this but I use a solid block of steel as a dolly and a small 1lb ball hammer to deform the end of the link to keep it secure....best go on youtube and check out what to do Smile.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Renthals bars 7/8 on stock tree can be done?  Empty Re: Renthals bars 7/8 on stock tree can be done?

Post  Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 am

Ok Mauser thank you, I will check it out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Master Link & Rivet Link.
A ML has a fish-shaped clip (closed end facing the forward rotation of the chain) and it's an excellent thing for chains which do not move, like hanging a submarine above your bar as an ornament. Also, chains in large-scale Meccano kits will do fine with ML's but nothing else, ie not a lawnmower, bicycle, moped or why, let alone a kiddies tricycle.... the poor kid ripping open his/her shins when the darn ML fails! And it WILL fail, they're far-out the weakest link in any chain, shite springs to mind.
Then there's the Rivet Link.
This is the only one to use, very suitable for 50cc mopeds and real bikes.
For the first time Mauser lies here!! He uses them however the way he uses them is following: 1) He puts up a brew, him being English this is Tea. 2) When suitably drawn he walks over to his neighbour (English are way too polite to holler over the fence) and invites him for a cuppa, and mentions he could use a hand as well.
3) They walk back together, pour cuppas, sippabit, and then the two of them rivet Mauser's link ie teamwork.
You see, you need 3 hands for this, 4 actually: 2 hold the large heavy hammer/weight behind & against the toBriveted pin, and the other 2 hold driver & whack it with a smaller hammer.
But, the above, even though I have used the word 'riveting' whilst Mauser being his old honest self used 'peening' which explains it a bit better, is wrong.... because the pin has to be swaged.
For this tools exist, and the DID-one is, quite like their chains, the best.
Bit costly I'll admit but I save on Tea, never mind my neighbour is 80+ y/o. This is a genuine '2-hand' tool, and the obtained swage (flaring of pin-head due to applied high pressure) is superior as well as even all round. It works the proverbial charm, not fiddly but proper, a real tool!
The obtained link, the Rivet Link, is exactly the same as all other links.... hence as strong also, so there's no 'weakest link' in the chain anymore.

Yes, there's other tools on the market for this, cheaper to loads cheaper, and I've seen some of them.... thanks but no thanks, I'll have the DID thank you!
Oh, never had a failed RL in my life!
But don't ask me how I know about the ripped-open shins.........

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks Burp, when you talk, sometimes I don't know if you are really serious or you are just teasing Mauser LOL! anyway I haven't got my goodies yet but this is the chain I order and I don't have any idea how this come.
Part #: 110191114 Renthal R32 Works O-Ring Chain - C291
I hope I don't have to brake it or add any links or even put it together since I didn't order the chain breaker LOL! the customer service rep told me that I didn't need to do anything that it should be ready to install but I doubt it. well I guess have to wait until I get the goodies. BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down