Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to your forum

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New to your forum  Empty New to your forum

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi Guys
New to this forum , l usually talk sleds as l'm rotax to the max to the world as a sled collector , l read many of the topics on the forum and enjoy the topics which will help with my recent purchase 2004 BRP R. l will learn the format so l can post some older pictures of my bike its snowing her in the great white north so newer pictures will have to wait til spring
New to your forum  Greatwhitenorth013_zps33decc00

this shot is from this morning
mike

Last edited by xr honda to the max on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

New to your forum  Empty Re: New to your forum

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:30 pm

l have had quite a few xrs over the years and still do , l have a 79 500 xr , 80 xl and also a 81 xr 500r , their in great shape performance wise but show their age for old bikes
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:33 pm

not sure how to post pictures the first one worked but tryed to add another photo of my current older xr's but didn't work , need to fiqure out this forum
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Welcome Mike, just copy the link from your picture hosting company into the forum by clicking the "Inser Image" icon Smile.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:46 pm

New to your forum  Greatwhitenorth005_zps03d61656
ok here are some of xr's l have now had others before , l will post other soon
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:52 pm

this is my BRP 650 l recently purchased this fall , had a few rides with her before the snow came and has lots of torque compaired to what l'm use too . l can ride the xr 500 hard this beast l need to get use too ??!!
mike
New to your forum  Greatwhitenorth012_zps718d192b

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm

this bike l have went through it and all but learnt much on the forum and will apply the updates to improve her , heers another picture the seller sent me before l puchased the bike . l like it lot !!, its puts a big smile on ones face trying to hold on too the handle bar
mike
New to your forum  KGrHqVpEFIRHBul0PBSJ48K8Peg48_20_zpsc8fad858

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 pm

so far l have done the brakes , fluild change and cleaned the K and N air element , l changed the rear wheel bearings also , it came with a Big Gun exhaust system to head so the head pipe is larger l beleive from stock , l do not have the orginal exhaust but from pictures l see their larger diameter . it came with a digtal speedo also , l will replace the rear tire this coming spring as well
mike

New to your forum  KGrHqVpEFIRHBul0PBSJ48K8Peg48_20_zpsc8fad858

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:24 pm

this is another picture l can share from the former owner before l bought this baby , it came with new sprockets and chain also , l cleaned it up and repainted the exhaust  and repaired the muffler with rivits . l installled a splash guard in the rear  also ' After l have read this forum l see l have my work cut out for possible promblems but l will take a closer look at these areas . Great info on this site to take care of this monster.
mike
New to your forum  T2eC16FHJHQFFhnqhzIBSJ48Y3Lg48_20_zps3bd9c4c3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Mauser wrote:Welcome Mike, just copy the link from your picture hosting company into the forum by clicking the "Inser Image" icon Smile.
thanks for the info
mike

Back to top Go down

New to your forum  Empty xr's

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:05 pm

hi, welcome, my past bike history is littered with xr500's, i had some fairly seriously modded ones, they could turn their hand to most tasks, im just about to leave on a trip of my life time, 6k touring our sth isld, have fun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:41 pm

thanks for the reply temporary kiwi
, we will need to butt heads with the 500 r mods , l did a mod on my 81 model some years back 10.5 copression piston , cam and pipe . l recently found my old xr and restored it this past summer , but retired the reed motor and installed a 79 xr 500 in her and added a xr350 r front forks and thriple tree so now l have brakes on her Hydralic Now ??!!! , much better
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:59 am

l will address current issues l have with the forum members l believe we can reslove them and make my bike last for ever . Current steering shake at above speed limit to 80 some mile per hour ?? . the tires were balance when l see the weights added to the spokes and some glued to the rim as well . Any tips are welcomed
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:28 am

Yo Mike, welcome here and first tip: get rid of that K&N filter, they're shite things for offroad as they pass fine dust. Foam is what you want.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

thanks for the tip on air cleaner BuRP
what air element should l look at purchasing the orginal didn't come with the bike
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Welcome , and +1 on what Burp have said about the K&N , they harm the engine censored 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Get the oem filter or the UNI filter .listen up 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm

thanks Max Frosty
l need to set up the bike for sure , l,m not a gig guy or will adjust the suspension and check over this bike .Any info on how to adjust this bike for riding stype and weight ?
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Big Gun exhaust look great on dyno for max HP but suck for overall riding.

Nice bike!Santa 

O' Yeah.

Where is your Honda snow machine?

Are you near Kenora?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Aurora
l live on the othe side of Ontaio Northen Eastern area near Timminis . Thanks for the comment on the bike l really like it . need to read more on the forum . l see theirs a Search
area , l checked it out and some of questions were answered . GREAT . l wish Honda did make a sled they did some proto types way back when but stayed away form the venture . L ride SKIDOO and L'm rotax to the max on the vintage sled seen teaching my restores of vintage Blizzards which l collect and use to race. back in the day
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Aurora ;Where is your Honda snow machine?

this is my HONDA proto type sled  !!!!!
they called it a Blizzard ss , HAHA , this sled is one of current restores well being restored , it came with a 340 cc rotax and will house a 440cc rotax with 132hp approx HP , if l dial it in with Gnage Pipes and 48mm carbs . This is a 1978 model SKIDOO oval sled . l have many others blizzards but customuer sleds 9500 , and 7500 models.
thanks mike
New to your forum  781

Back to top Go down

New to your forum  Empty std filter vs k&n

Post  Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:02 am

Mad Frosty wrote:Welcome , and +1 on what Burp have said about the K&N , they harm the engine censored 
i used to live 100yds from a wide open beach, i rode my xr500 nearly everyday on it and gravel roads, it had the entire std airbox and foam filter assem, when i was overhauling it, the top of the piston[ i.e. above top ring area] was as rough as sandpaper, this kinda dispells the theory that the std filter keeps out fine particles, ill stick to my properly serviced k&n filters

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:50 pm

air makes power as a engine is just a air pump , long life of a engine needs clean air . As we here are dirt bike riders it hard to make ever aspect perfect but we can together . Information from us all makes the best solutions
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:56 pm

when l first interduced myself l took a picture of all the snow here , well it all melted !!! and just got off the xr 650 r , had to get dressed for the occation but it was well worth the effort , l can't wait til spring to take it out for more spins after l have read most of the topics l have some improvements and care items to address , this forum has addresed many of my concerns and thank all with their inputs .
mike
oh the bike went well tonight only 10 above celuis !!!!!!!!!!!, no wind chill factor added ??!!
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

How far north in Ontario and how is the trail situation up there?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next