Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swingarm tools

Go down

Swingarm tools Empty Swingarm tools

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:26 am

My brother is coming over to UK next week. Where online in the UK can I order the 2 special "castle" sockets for the swingarm preload?

Back to top Go down

Swingarm tools Empty Re: Swingarm tools

Post  Mauser Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:31 am

Company is about 17 miles from me, they used to be on fleabay but cannot seem to find them ?..... Frustrated 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 am

Mauser wrote:Company is about 17 miles from me, they used to be on fleabay but cannot seem to find them ?..... Frustrated 

Do you have any contact details? I checked flebay.co.uk and I see nothing :-(
Would be nice to get my own and return BuRP's tools :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:49 am

And I know you have a headlight for me Mauser

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Here you go m8....quick search on here for the link.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-XR650R-SWINGARM-TOOL-SOCKET-LOCKNUT-XR-650-HM-/260784497461?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb7f7a335
They are not listing much at the moment for some reason...so being a good guy I just rang the chap and we are going to list them on the 650R website slightly cheaper....
Your right I do have a couple of headlights Smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Mauser wrote:Here you go m8....quick search on here for the link.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-XR650R-SWINGARM-TOOL-SOCKET-LOCKNUT-XR-650-HM-/260784497461?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb7f7a335
They are not listing much at the moment for some reason...so being a good guy I just rang the chap and we are going to list them on the 650R website slightly cheaper....

Should I order them on that link? Is it the pair? I need them delivered in the UK before 11 May - Middlesex, England TW181BH

I found a guy in SA with 2 spare Euro headilghts complete, he will do a direct swap for my USA setup :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Can you get me a working XR650L (Ladies) CDI? My mate needs one - Same guy that lent me the 650L for a 2000 miles last year. It is a 2003 but I am sure they are all the same

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:

Can you get me a working XR650L (Ladies) CDI? My mate needs one - Same guy that lent me the 650L for a 2000 miles last year. It is a 2003 but I am sure they are all the same

You need to look on fleabay for L parts laddie  listen up  or ask Fruity as I am sure he has an L not an R  BRP smile 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:31 pm

I bought these, had to turn them down on a lathe - the large one outer diameter was a bit too much to fit neatly into the frame hole. Took off about 2mm from the OD.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:37 am

bigkuri wrote:

I bought these, had to turn them down on a lathe - the large one outer diameter was a bit too much to fit neatly into the frame hole. Took off about 2mm from the OD.

Ahh now we can pass this info onto the guy making them....appreciate the feedback and I will email him now.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:58 am

Well if you are emailing him... Smile

The outer one is meant to have a small handle welded on the outside, and the inside drilled out to accept the entire inner tool. The inner tool is used with a 1/2" drive as usual. This way you can hold the tension correctly while torqueing the lock ring.

The way they currently are you have to torque the tension, then remove the tool, apply the lock-ring tool, and simply hope that nothing moves... Not ideal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Comments passed on he has sold 42 of these to date and your the only 1 who has complained...maybe your bike is an L ?  BRP smile 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi, just to be clear, I didn't complain Smile .
I simply turned my one down to fit better, and offered some comments as to the desired operation. I left good feedback on the purchase, and am happy with it. It's a good deal for tools that do work.

So no complaint, and please feel free to ignore my feedback

Please do not associate me with someone unhappy with the product or purchase as that is not true

Last edited by bigkuri on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:20 pm

And please don't take that as being overly tetchy, but the internet is annoying when a happy purchaser tries to give some productive open feedback to a good product, yet is perceived as complaining.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Sorry I didn't intend to imply you were complaining more you had issues hows that sound Smile. Anyway just to clarify the situation they sell 2 sets of tools a cheap set for breakers to use and a second set for maintenance use....I think you brought the budget set. On the 650R website we only intend to advertise the proper set and any purchases will be direct through the seller and have nothing directly or indirectly to do with us, as mentioned they should be cheaper for everyone as there are no ebay fee's to consider.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm

bigkuri wrote:

Mine are spot on size wise , very good quality and excelent price , but you are right he could have made new version with handles ( AKA the exact OEM Honda Tool copy )
but then again that would considerably increased the price  and then all of you cheap fecker's  would go on about how expansive the tool is ,.... so  razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:19 am

Here you go guys, added to our website....

http://www.xr650r.co.uk/newparts/tool/tool.shtml
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 am

Mauser wrote:Here you go guys, added to our website....

Thanks - mailed them to see if I can get delivery by 10 May before my brother comes back from UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
Mauser wrote:Here you go guys, added to our website....

Thanks - mailed them to see if I can get delivery by 10 May before my brother comes back from UK

They never replied so I will have to get them next time someone goes over to UK :-(

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Only the 3rd today ?.....first class will be with you by the 10th easily  listen up 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:26 am

Anyone have contact details for the (other) guy who supplies these?

I emailed TURBOSUZUKIS@YAHOO.CO.UK so waiting to hear from them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down