Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XRR Swingarm Tools

Go down

XRR Swingarm Tools Empty XRR Swingarm Tools

Post  Guest Thu May 17, 2012 6:21 am

Well, my custom XR650R swingarm tools came in from England! On Ebay I found this seller Turbo Suzukis that makes custom stainless steel tools for numerous makes of motorcycles, including KTMs, Yamahas and lots more. I paid via PayPal, a total of 31 GBP, or $49 including shipping. They arrived at my house one week later! Easy and painless! These are very high quality and have a 1/2 drive on the back so you can use a tourque wrench.

You can reach Kev Drake directly at: TURBOSUZUKIS@YAHOO.CO.UK You can inquire about any special tool you might be looking for. He was very responsive and helpful. Highly recommended!

These tools fit outer and inner locking rings on the swingarm.

XRR Swingarm Tools SwingArmTools

Back to top Go down

XRR Swingarm Tools Empty Re: XRR Swingarm Tools

Post  Mauser Thu May 17, 2012 8:03 am

Not really a snag but trying to torque a 1/2 drive as low as 7Nm should be fun, in reality you can set these values by hand, but always nice to have the proper castle nut tool to tighten the outer nut.
They make these parts less than 20 miles from where I live, think I can get them for £10 or about $13 banana
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:47 am

Mauser wrote:Not really a snag but trying to torque a 1/2 drive as low as 7Nm should be fun, in reality you can set these values by hand, but always nice to have the proper castle nut tool to tighten the outer nut.
They make these parts less than 20 miles from where I live, think I can get them for £10 or about $13  banana
Hey Mauser

I fancy a set of those - Can you still get them? Are there any other XR650R special tools you can get at a good price?
I need:
Swingarm tools
Headset tools
Flywheel puller
Rear shock preload tools

Are there any other special tools? I am already having the 27mm allen key made for the front forks.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
Mauser wrote:Not really a snag but trying to torque a 1/2 drive as low as 7Nm should be fun, in reality you can set these values by hand, but always nice to have the proper castle nut tool to tighten the outer nut.
They make these parts less than 20 miles from where I live, think I can get them for £10 or about $13  banana
Hey Mauser

I fancy a set of those - Can you still get them? Are there any other XR650R special tools you can get at a good price?
I need:
Swingarm tools
Headset tools
Flywheel puller
Rear shock preload tools

Are there any other special tools? I am already having the 27mm allen key made for the front forks.

Thanks
Hi I don't supply them all I was saying is the company is only a few miles away from where I live listen up 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Mauser wrote:
Chris_w_65 wrote:
Hey Mauser

I need:
Swingarm tools
Headset tools
Flywheel puller
Rear shock preload tools

Thanks
Hi I don't supply them all I was saying is the company is only a few miles away from where I live listen up 
I realize that but if I have someone coming over to the UK maybe you could get me a little package of special tools together if you know where to get them from. I doubt any of the tools are available in South Africa.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi I wouldn't know anywhere in particular to get what you need; your better off searching ebay and seeing what pops up...certainly cheaper than the shops ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:21 pm

I have the set from turbo suzukis , good stuff , bought it on ebay BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down