Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start saving

Go down

Start saving Empty Re: Start saving

Post  Mauser Fri May 02, 2014 8:33 am

No ta....will stop with my baby  BRP smile 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Looks very nice, but I think I would rather have a Supermoto-ish version of the Yamaha MT-07. It would be cheaper and lighter with plenty of power.  banana 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:31 am

The original rumour was around 800ccm engine and i was like bring it on there is my money Honda , then it changed to 1000 ccm and i have lost interest completely , just another pointless oversized Behemot of a bike ( or a new Varadero ) in the class already ruled by the BMW GS and big V2 KTM's . If its more than 160 kg wet weight with full tank , i leave it to the overweight pensioners crowd ( posers ) , they buy any shite as long as it looks the deal .

Back to top Go down

Start saving Empty Meh

Post  Guest Sun May 04, 2014 7:50 am

Id buy an 800 GS before that thing....the real bike wont look anything like the artists sketch.
Actually ill just stick with the XRR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Very curious to see if they actually cone out with this bike. If they do and it looks like the prototypes ive seen, I would definetly be interested in buying one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:43 am

No 1000 will go really offroad, and the AT was overrated in any case.... fine for graded roads, but OFFroad requires a different bike.
XR650R anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:29 pm

I doubt it but if it looks like this i might be tempted Start saving Galler10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:53 pm

+1!  naughty 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Looks like it's a DCT bike...no thanks, I'll stick to my BRP and F800GS.

I thought this thing would be the answer with its alleged lower weight, 18" rear tire, and Honda reliability.

Having the equivalent of a flappy-paddle gear box really takes the fun out of it for me.

Call me old fashion, but I prefer a proper clutch in/on cars/bikes.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/honda-africa-twin-true-adventure-prototype-up-close-photos/

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/honda-africa-twin-prototype/#more-76326

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:27 pm

I am sure that DCT ( great for touring btw ) will be an optional extra , Honda its not stupid they know that most hardcore offroad riders would never buy automatic transmision bike so they will offer that as well , the bike shown at EICMA its one of the two prototypes ( 99% finished production bikes ) , its just a showcase , that is what honda does , they like to show off what they have or are capable of .

I am getting one , the question is - keep the piggy or sell the piggy Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:23 am

Mad Frosty wrote:I am sure that DCT ( great for touring btw ) will be an optional extra , Honda its not stupid they know that most hardcore offroad riders would never buy  automatic transmision  bike so they will offer that as well , the bike shown at EICMA its one of the two prototypes ( 99% finished  production bikes )  , its just a showcase , that is what honda does , they like to show off what they have or are capable of .

I am getting one , the question is  - keep the piggy or sell the piggy  Crying or Very sad

Keep it and get some sm wheels BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:34 am

Looks like scrap barf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:05 am

The draw of the first bike is not bad.

I was on the EICMA Arclite and I've see this bike.
I've see the new CRF Rally; she's really beautiful.

I share pictures  Very Happy
Start saving Aos1zn
Start saving 2nrg5g3

Mad, why you want to change ?
The new is better than XR ? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:46 pm

beaver350 wrote:Looks like scrap barf

You see , it looks totaly perfect to me , functional comes before fancy looks in my books anyway .
Start saving 10708510

Take my money mr Honda 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:57 pm

This bike fixes all that is wrong with the piggy if you want to use it as a DS bike -

twice the power for long journeys from the 1000 cc engine

Fuell injection  from Honda NOT KTM , so no more hassle with the stupid carburettor

Stronger frame

Electric start  ( i personaly prefer kickstarter but i know that 90% of bikers out there prefer leccy leg )

Wind protection , without the need of making your own of questionable quality and design barf

FUELL range and consumtion , i am sick of stopping for fuell every 100 km's .

The added small extra weight its a small price to pay IMO , and this bike its still lighter than BMW650 sertao  at 180 kg !!!!!!!  
Noone can touch this .  ban ban ban

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:34 am

I know DCT is the way of the future, but I'm not ready...maybe I should get ready, seeing as how I fried the clutch on both of my bikes in two days during the same course.

Standard option available? I'll sell my XRR and F800GS to get one!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:
beaver350 wrote:Looks like scrap barf

You see , it looks totaly perfect to me  , functional comes before fancy looks in my books anyway .
Start saving 10708510

Take my money mr Honda  2 thumbs

I like the look of this thing but there does look like a whole lot of engine poking out the right hand side in this pic.
Would hate to lay it over and break a few engine cases etc. No doubt the aftermarket will catch up with crash bars though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:57 am

STILL looks like scrap mad as heck razz listen up

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 pm

beaver350 wrote:STILL looks like scrap mad as heck razz listen up

Totally agree lol....Piggy's rule forever listen up did I mention I brought this at the weekend for a project over winter....

Start saving 1

12,500 miles ~ 34 years old BRP smile shame rims are a bit crappy but I can live with it's originality....
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Awesome Maus'!!
Have the rims stripped & re-chromed, this example is worth it, it looks very well indeed still, amazing actually, after all those years.
Forktubes ditto, and glassblasting & varnishing on the fork's bottoms goes a long way too.
But, eh, when it's finished don't go 2timing on this 2stroker eh?
BRP smile Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:21 pm

Snag with any old bike is where you stop....not planning on doing a restoration just keeping her well maintained and working perfect....otherwise you need deep pockets £££
Will post some more pictures when she is back together, tank was a bit rusty inside but sorted that out using a battery charger and some mild steel flat bar....works really good...
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:58 pm

You have fine taste Mauser, that is an absolute classic, I had 2 of em and even did some clubman level enduros on one, such a well balanced, good handling bike. for the average rider I bet they would do better on the trails with this bike than many of the long legged and highly strung modern bikes.

Make sure the oil pump is in good nick as they will nip up if the oil supply falters...good luck and enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Let's not start slapping pictures of UGLY OLD Yamahas where only Honda products are allowed please . razz

I am going to NEC this sunday hoping to see my future bike in flesh , possibly putting a deposit down Santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:32 am

Pathfinder,

you just gave your agegroup away..... welcome to the club Bump
But Mausie is no springchicken anymore either (zero offense Boet), so he might already know this: yes, check the oilpump but set it to minimum delivery, and disconnect any controls it has, if throttle cable then this will handle - pun obvious! - better too. Then fill up with 3% premix with whatever 2T oil you prefer however stay away from Castrol (bigends...!), rather use Putoline. This way it'll never nip up as there's enough lube always. Yeah, "clumsy" but only if you'll be taking it on long trips, but for some reason I doubt you will.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down