Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed with constant brake light on.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Help needed with constant brake light on. - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with constant brake light on.

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 am

i have just found a nice LED kit on ebay but i don't dare buy it till i have this problem sort.

sorry about the quality of the picture, here's a slightly better one Zoro

Help needed with constant brake light on. - Page 2 2014-014

Back to top Go down

Help needed with constant brake light on. - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with constant brake light on.

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:05 pm

no luck testing the ac regulator today but fingers crossed i can get it sorted tomorrow now bow 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:43 pm

BuRP wrote:Yip, only 1 reg mounted, either AC or DC... not 2 of them.
I think a bulb on a vibrator cannot last, you're better off mounting the LED kit (brake & tail).
But, inferior quality bulbs often last as long (lol, short I mean) as you indicate, best is to buy Osram or Philips globes only.

I have two on my bike , the AC regulator ( under the seat ) and the DC regulator/rectifier ( behind the light as do all euro XR,s  razz 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:46 pm

The pink and yellow wires are AC from the stator , the black (+) and the green ( - ) are the DC comming out of the R/R .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 pm

i was meant to be getting the ac regulater tested today but i haven't been able to get the bike running in time, hopefully the weekend fetches some joy  bow 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm

You can always try my regulator to see if it helps .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:01 am

Mad Frosty wrote:You can always try my regulator to see if it helps .

i might take you up on that if roosters have no luck today  BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2