Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which exhaust system to put on XR ?

Go down

Which exhaust system to put on XR ?  Empty Which exhaust system to put on XR ?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Hello everybordy !

I've see a lot of things about exhaust system for our XR.
The best are Akrapovic, Evo, Doma, Spes, ...
I would to buy a Akra but the only change to have once is the second handed market ... it's not easy.

So I've a question.
Some of you are good handyman ... so it's possible to adapt an other exhaust ?
I don"t know maybe put the exhaust of a 690 or 660 ?
Sleeve it's would to be hard but just the muffler is not impossible no ?
I've the ABP sleeve and the stock muffler (https://i.servimg.com/u/f75/16/19/60/38/2012-m28.jpg) so if I put a Akrapovic muffler, the performance could be better or not ?

Thank's for yours answer and have a nice ride

Back to top Go down

Which exhaust system to put on XR ?  Empty Re: Which exhaust system to put on XR ?

Post  Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:15 am

ProCircuit T4 has a good rep on our bikes, and mine fits the std headers as well as the XRsOnly Stainless one's with a minor tweak. Loud as fark though, no problem for me BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Which exhaust system to put on XR ?  Empty Re: Which exhaust system to put on XR ?

Post  Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:35 pm

This is XR Onyl exhaust sleeve http://www.xrsonly.com/xrs-only-exhaust-header-honda-xr650r
But what about performance, I don't search sound but performance BRP smile

The Pro Circuit is beautiful, I like it and I see some of there system on ebay today but I have not found information about his performance yet.
What about your point of view for the Pro Circuit.

I woul to search informations about Akrapovic of KTM for maybe adapt him on my sleeve.
His diameter is around 45-50 ... si if an other Akrapovic have the same diameter it's maybe possible.
But it's possible to lose power (regarding OEM muffler and ABP sleeve) with a ABP sleeve and an Akrapovic muffler of a KTM maybe no ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:21 pm

You are French? Very Happy The best exhaust system for the 650R is French and made and sold by a man named "Patevo".Are you member of the "17pouces" forum? You find him there or on his website.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Yes French :p
Patevo is my dream, but he had stop his production... So the only chance to have once is the second hand market... It's almost impossible
Yes I am on 17 pouces with the same nickname
He is not on the forum for the moment. I had not see a message of him since february

Maybe you sold your Patevo ? Very Happy
If not, maybe you have an idea for an other exhaust ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Are the patevo exhausts the big long ones that look like german cannon called " the big Berta " ?
Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:08 pm

BRP smile
Not exactly, it's more "the nirvana" Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:30 am

I use Procircuit T4.

Can´t confirm exactly the increase in power because i've done several mods, open side panel, TM40, bigger jets...but i would recommend it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks for your answer
In US he is good but in France anybody speak about him
And with there mods your bike was better ? A lot of ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:36 pm

XAmériX wrote:Thanks for your answer
In US he is good but in France anybody speak about him
And with there mods your bike was better ? A lot of ?

Yet, lot better. TM 40 it's a very pumped carb. With additional intake air from the open side panel, and the T4 you'll get some more hp and a round power curve.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:11 pm

I've the FCR 41 MX of Keihin, it's a pumped carb too.
And my side panel is already open.

Thank's for your answer, I have maybe found an Akrapovic ...
For the Pro Circuit I would to found a second hand system, but in Europe it's would be hard.
Craiglist is too complicated, you can not see all of products for all of US ? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down