Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a Exhaust system !

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In need of a Exhaust system ! Empty In need of a Exhaust system !

Post  Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi all,

I am in need of a new exhaust system for my xr as the one on it has seen better days.
I was wondering if anyone on here can help out with finding one or know where to buy one for a reasonable price.

Much appreciated people
Thanks

Back to top Go down

In need of a Exhaust system ! Empty xr650r

Post  Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:31 pm

I live in London and its a xr650r jus to let u guys know thanks

Back to top Go down

In need of a Exhaust system ! Empty Re: In need of a Exhaust system !

Post  Mauser Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:39 pm

sammyb wrote:I live in London and its a xr650r jus to let u guys know thanks
Least you got right forum, we do get a few muppets on here with 650L's lol.
Try Paul @ www.xr650r.co.uk not sure what we have in stock but worth giving him a ring.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:47 pm

lool I can imagine you would get a few off them and thanks for that any recommendations on a exhaust system iv got a fmf on it atm.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Got moolah? Then ask Paul if he still has an Akrapovic system (new!) lying in his store, as that is the bollocks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:36 pm

He sold the last one ( akrapovic ) while ago to one of our members ( and he sold his bike shortly after BTW ) , i think the Leo Vince end is the cheapest one out there at this moment ( and you dont have to pay greedy customs import charges as you do if you order from USA ) , they are on ebay .

What is wrong with the FMF ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Mauser wrote:
sammyb wrote:I live in London and its a xr650r jus to let u guys know thanks
Least you got right forum, we do get a few muppets on here with 650L's lol.
Try Paul @ www.xr650r.co.uk not sure what we have in stock but worth giving him a ring.
Hey Mauser - Am I a muppet with a 650L? Remember my dodgy looking clutch cover asking for it StirPot 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm

I do... it was your dodgy picture which made the cover look non R listen up but as I mentioned before....my mistake razz 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 pm

its blowing a little bit and the end can is bent in a little from and accident I had a while back Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Mauser wrote:I do... it was your dodgy picture which made the cover look non R listen up but as I mentioned before....my mistake razz 
My magnesium cover is being welded - had a slight bang on the outside possibly from the brake lever and was cracked/burst on the inside - was not leaking but best to fix before I respray my covers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:55 am

Mauser,

I herewith, under oath plus I solemnly swear on the grave of my Dad I'm talking the truth here, and nothing but, that Chris did visit me on a XR650L !!!!!!
After having a chat and a "tea" (I know you like this, no idea if Chris has ever drunk it though) we had a look at/on/under/in my R, and then he also rode back home on same L.
So, matey, you may be right after all hmm?

Chris ma man, sorry, hope I didn't ruin a friendship now, but the truth may be told, not so?

Not stirring here, nooooooo Sire, not me!
asking for it 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:16 pm

BuRP wrote:Mauser,

I herewith, under oath plus I solemnly swear on the grave of my Dad I'm talking the truth here, and nothing but, that Chris did visit me on a XR650L !!!!!!
After having a chat and a "tea" (I know you like this, no idea if Chris has ever drunk it though) we had a look at/on/under/in my R, and then he also rode back home on same L.

Chris ma man, sorry, hope I didn't ruin a friendship now, but the truth may be told, not so?

asking for it 

No way Frustrated just need him banning from the forum now.....ADMIN !!!!Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Mauser wrote:
BuRP wrote:Mauser,

asking for it 

No way Frustrated just need him banning from the forum now.....ADMIN !!!!Bump 
I promise I have an R - even if it is an XR650SMR - The L is on (long term) loan to me

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 am

Are you looking for performance or looks?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:02 am

got this yesterday without the db killer so i wonder what it will sound like BRP smile 

In need of a Exhaust system ! H77e

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 pm

I just need to replace it but I am a bit tight for cash atm and that looks nicee but will this go straight on and is it a full system ?
and how much did this set you back ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:56 pm

i only got this, not the full system ( i wish)

im gonna build it up and see what it brings, got it cheap 2nd hand Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm

AURORA wrote:Are you looking for performance or looks?
As far as I can judge it Aurora Chris's going for both. He is busy doing quite a thorough job, P&B wise, performance & bling.
Can't wait for the dude to start assembling, he owes me a barbequed chop in any case StirPot 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 pm

BuRP wrote:
AURORA wrote:Are you looking for performance or looks?
As far as I can judge it Aurora Chris's going for both. He is busy doing quite a thorough job, P&B wise, performance & bling.
Can't wait for the dude to start assembling, he owes me a barbequed chop in any case StirPot 
I think the only thing I am not repairing/restoring is my plastics and I will be getting a custom sticker kit made

I think I have sourced a Euro headlight and surround plastics though as my bike has the (wrong) USA unit

TM40 carb
HRC cam
Ported head
Wossner 11:1 piston
Falicon rod set
All nuts, bolts, washers and brackets zinc plated
Fork rebuild with 15% stiffer springs
15% stiffer rear spring
Epoxy paint frame, swingarm, forks and subframe - probably a bling silver (OEM is a bit dull and grey)
Nickel plate spokes - damn, one is busted so I hope I can find a loose spoke - anyone got a rear motard spoke for a Talon hub? 2.5mm diameter I think
Rims anodized - not sure what colour yet
New OEM chain slider
Custom made chain slider so chain stops eating tyre
New clutch and decompressor cables
Anodizing some of my bling parts gold to match the Talon hubs
Fix up spaghetti wiring harness
CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN everything

When cash allows single R1 exhaust out under the seat

Hopefully BuRP can work out how to lace my rims - I took a few photos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Thinking one of these - I also have one of these end caps so I can make something up - Will have to extend my subframe though.

In need of a Exhaust system ! 2013-y10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:42 pm

rikco wrote:got this yesterday without the db killer so i wonder what it will sound like BRP smile 

In need of a Exhaust system ! H77e
Good idea with the exhaust wrap , the pipes are practicaly touching the radiators no wonder these bikes are suffering from overheating problems , wrapping should isolate some of the
heat from heating up the rads Bananatool 

Back to top Go down

In need of a Exhaust system ! Empty need an exhaust?

Post  Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:49 am

im not sure if all of you know but..., i make proper performance exhausts, if anyone wants an exhaust to suit a brp, i can make them to suit any specification/ design wanted.i make full race as well as hi-perf road legal exhausts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:39 am

temporary kiwi wrote:im not sure if all of you know but..., i make proper performance exhausts, if anyone wants an exhaust to suit a brp, i can make them to suit any specification/ design wanted.i make full race as well as hi-perf road legal exhausts
shipping to the UK.....? Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:44 pm

temporary kiwi wrote:im not sure if all of you know but..., i make proper performance exhausts, if anyone wants an exhaust to suit a brp, i can make them to suit any specification/ design wanted.i make full race as well as hi-perf road legal exhausts

Right: container your tooling, ship to the RSA, and stay at my house so you can make mine. Your diet will be meat, game and biltong, and whatever poison you prefer liquid wise.
'Special' ain't the word matey, spaghetti isn't either, but 'vermicelli' is more like it.
Squeezed through the tightest of openings between head, frame, brackets, supports, tank and radiators, difficult to imagine let alone describing how I need them to be.
Say when?
BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

In need of a Exhaust system ! Empty my latest exhaust

Post  Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:21 am

both pipes exit on r/hand side [ like big gun] have half of one third cyl volume in 1st pipe size[ same as port size] then half of two thirds cyl volume in 2nd portion, a true hi vacume collecter  to either a tapered tailpipe, or a ov/size pipe with  at least 2.6 times the the cyl volume into hi flow muffler with fully shaped internal baffling, or a torpedo baffle style muffler if road legal sound levels required    if any does want one i will get a price for delivery, i think shipping costs to other side of the globe will be around $150 nz, depending on specs exhaust system complete $800nz to get the exhaust hpc coated as well will cost around $150 nz, i just usually paint mine with hi-temp paint, ican also supply just header system to be used with any style of aftermarket muffler

Last edited by temporary kiwi on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next