Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new to me old girl..

Go down

My new to me old girl.. Empty My new to me old girl..

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:44 am

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Just joined having just bought myself my first XR650R. It's an '01. It came with long range tank, nice wheels and hubs, full FMH exhaust, new springs and valving, digi dash. They're an amazing bike. After a life time on various XR250R's I'm blown away by it. I still have and love my XR250R but the 650 is just awesome.

I'm looking for rear pegs. My wife won't be on it often but she definitely wants to come for a few trips. They don't need to be super strong. She won't be standing up on them while we land jumps. Just decent, nice looking pegs. Anything any of you have done?

I'm going through the motions of roadworthy. Almost done. Once finished, I'll be heading for the high country in VIC, Australia for some bug and gear finding trips before doing Cape York with a few buddies. If anyone is keen on a ride after summer hit me up.

Back to top Go down

My new to me old girl.. Empty Re: My new to me old girl..

Post  Mauser Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Welcome to the forums...we are planning on making some rear pegs but don't hold your breath lol.... BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:00 am

I have a few things to sort out before I worry about the pegs. Just found the theromostat wide open with a bent pin. Did a bit of playing around and diagnostics on the stove top. Will post separately about it. Once sorted, I'll be taking it to a welder/fabricator buddy who will weld up some nice brackets with pegs I supply him. I'll post results with pics..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:30 pm

I only just fit on the small XRR i am not sure how can people squeeze a pillion there , also the subframe will suffer Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:46 pm

My wife is tiny! Plenty of room on the seat. I rode for years on farm XRs with a pillion. It was fine. Just sucked with no pegs! Hey how do I post a pic in here. Can't figure out how to..

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:55 pm

You will need a hosting company such as photobucket upload to there then you can post a link from there to here.... BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Yeah let's see a picture Smile
Welcome here

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:16 pm

I'll get pics up shortly. Just waiting on some new plastics and a BRP triple clamp. Needs to look her best before I send a pic!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down