Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carb Restrictor

Go down

Carb Restrictor Empty Carb Restrictor

Post  Mauser Sat May 09, 2015 8:12 am

Pulled my carb last night to check the carb isolator and just wondering if this is correct ?
Carb Restrictor Photo%202
Cannot seem to find it on the parts list ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Carb Restrictor Empty Re: Carb Restrictor

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Haha very funny , where have you found it ? that looks much cleaner than the intake rubber isolator , now you will claim that your bike its doing wheelies after removing it thats funny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2015 11:20 pm

So the Mauser edition XRR was more restricted than the Californian version StirPot

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun May 10, 2015 9:08 am

Mad Frosty wrote:Haha very funny , where  have you found it ?  that looks much cleaner than the intake rubber isolator  ,    now  you will claim that your bike its doing wheelies  after removing it thats funny

Funny you should mention wheelies...ever since removing this she wheelies in all the gears even reverse off the throttle "not for faint hearted" as the adverts quote !!!!
Better pull yours Fruity my friend and release the full power in your Piggy BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 10, 2015 8:52 pm

I like mine a little bit restricted as otherwise it would rip my arms out rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 7:01 am

Darn Maus',

too bad I find this too late, I was going to mention "wheelies" BRP smile BRP smile BRP smile BRP smile BRP smile
Not a Honda part neiter any aftermarket part I know of, however I'll say in this same breath I've never searched for power-restricting devices! Bump

OK, now tell us what it is? Not an XRR part for sure, or is it a 'flapless' choke perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon May 11, 2015 8:07 am

I have no idea what it is lol....I do think it's a Honda part as MBN is a start of some Honda part numbers.... banana
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 12:11 pm

So, Mister Mauser, are you genuinely serious and honest and sincere etc etc that this part was indeed in your intake manifold ? ? ? ? ?
If so, and mind the if, then this will explain indeed why you neverever believed in the wheely-capacity of this monstrous brute BRP smile

If so, again, enjoy your new bike!

PS: I bet my bottom penny you'll need to rejet the poor mistreated kitty to have it "purr" correctly, until "roaring" springs to mind Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:I like mine  a little bit restricted as  otherwise it would  rip my arms out

You bleddy poofter you, grow hair on your tackle & a pair of cojones, and order a new manifold pronto ! ! !
Here's a new thing: did you know you can actually modulate the throttle ? ? ?
Nope, it's not an On/Off switch, try turning the handle g r a d u a l l y . . . . . .

razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:I like mine  a little bit restricted as  otherwise it would  rip my arms out  rider

LOL, lololololololollllllll, and you were considering a 690 ? ? ? ? ? ?
Now I know for sure: orange is NOT for you BRP smile Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 pm

BuRP wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:I like mine  a little bit restricted as  otherwise it would  rip my arms out

You bleddy poofter you, grow hair on your tackle & a pair of cojones, and order a new manifold pronto ! ! !
Here's a new thing: did you know you can actually modulate the throttle ? ? ?
Nope, it's not an On/Off switch, try turning the handle g r a d u a l l y . . . . . .

razz

The only restriction on mine  is the overoiled air filter , it takes 10 HP from the output and it iddles like shit   thats funny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Mauser wrote:I have no idea what it is lol....I do think it's a Honda part as MBN is a start of some Honda part numbers.... banana

It is a honda part , it might even be a genuine honda XRR restrictor , but i know for sure that this was not ran on your bike , you can be called many things but you are not stupid trust

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down