Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool

Go down

GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Empty GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 2:15 am

Sorry haven't posted on here in a while but just got my chain rivet tool which worked flawlessly! New gold chain and black JT steel sprocket I just installed. I probably should have taken step by step photos of the chain cut and rivet process but will answer any questions to best of knowledge(sure some of you already have one or used one!)
photo of bike after install
GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Jz2_0410
up close pic
GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Jz2_0310
here is a pic of riveted link! its says when cutting link you should grind head of rivet but saw guy on YouTube do it without grinding and cut rivet with ease so I decided too try it pushed the pin right out
no problem
GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Jz2_0311
here's pin
GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Jz2_0411
chain and chain rivet tool
GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Jz2_0412
one more pic for the road
GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Jz2_0312

Back to top Go down

GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Empty Re: GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool

Post  Mauser Thu May 14, 2015 7:53 am

I do like your shinny US spec headlight....so tempted to buy 1 they are so damn cheap over the pond but by the time we get hit with VAT and import duty and handling charges they are pricey Sad...they go from £57 to probably £100 delivered....
Which chain tool did you actually get ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Empty Re: GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 11:18 am

Mauser wrote:I do like your shinny US spec headlight....so tempted to buy 1 they are so damn cheap over the pond but by the time we get hit with VAT and import duty and handling charges they are pricey Sad...they go from £57 to probably £100 delivered....
Which chain tool did you actually get ?

I believe its standard chain rivet tool I think there is a commercial(heavy duty) one offered through D.I.D. bought this one off eBay 85.00 U.S.$ worked great
GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool Jz2_0413
Yeah the glass headlamp actually from xr400 exact fit had to buy wiring and rubber boot all together around 45$. takes the h3 50w bulb which has brighter than standard one that came on bike i think that's what it is, you can buy at any auto parts store but most of them don't have bullet style terminal so i went and bought bullet crimper and just crimp my own! i did notice a difference in brightness not much but like you said shinier BRP smile

mausy when i get a chance i will take some pics of glass headlamp assembly, wiring ,boot ,and bulb so you can see the difference from the plastic standard headlamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu May 14, 2015 1:25 pm

No need for piccies....I love the plastic headlight as stock and I have downgraded the stock expensive globe bulb to a indicator bulb....10watts I think....as I only ride during the day but still like the headlight lit up for all the blind drivers....
Pulled the flange if the stock bulb and made 2 notches for the indicator bulb to locate on, Actually it's pretty bright considering lol....bright than Fruity by miles razz

GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool DSC06566

GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool DSC06567

GOLD CHAIN and D.I.D chain rivet tool DSC06568
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:34 am

Nice! 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down