Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back on the road

Go down

Back on the road Empty Back on the road

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:48 am

Back on the road or maybe that should be offroad.
My Husabang recently went pop so its a great opportunity to get the XR out again after a 2 year lay up.
Tax and tested today ready to go Bananatool
Back on the road IMG_0566

Back to top Go down

Back on the road Empty Re: Back on the road

Post  Mauser Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Just needs a clean now ? BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:08 pm

that's good Hew - keep it on the road till next summer for me will you...I still want a quick blast on it :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Mauser wrote:Just needs a clean now ? BRP smile

It's only going to get much dirtier from now on affraid

SkidMark wrote: that's good Hew - keep it on the road till next summer for me will you...I still want a quick blast on it :-)

It all been taxed and tested for a year so shouldn't be a problem. I've given up on the Berg dead horse for a while so will start sorting out my CRM in the new year and would then be able to sort out a good days riding for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 am

Here comes the fun...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Jason Woodall wrote:Here comes the fun...
Indeed here comes the fun.
Took the chance today to have a half day on the BRP . Partly to test it out but also to get used to it again before two days riding later in the holiday. As expected it oinked it's way through without a problem, a bit like getting in a big GT after driving a hot hatch.
Run into a chap I know and his wife, who kindly opened a gate on a pass and took my photo. Can't believe how mild the temp is for the time of year.
Back on the road FE%20XR%20top%20of%20MF

Back on the road IMG_0599

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:50 am

The look on your face is priceless...

And that does look like the kind of terrain a pig loves to roll in... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:29 am

Hey it's fun to see it BRP smile

I had make 4/5 ride this winter with my XR in Enduro.
I had like a lot the enduro with my XR (at the beginning I haven't the driver licence for this bike, too much powerful in France, so I've make just track with her).

Enduro was fun, currently, I undress her to the season of racing. The last I think.
I make it with some nostalgia Very Happy
I try hard enduro with her, but it's too hard. She is too heavy, and when you should lift her twenty or thirty times ... impossible BRP smile

You make just soft enduro ? Or hard ?

A picture of mine :
Back on the road Fy1mhx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:49 pm

XAmériX wrote:
Enduro was fun, currently, I undress her to the season of racing. The last I think.
I make it with some nostalgia Very Happy
I try hard enduro with her, but it's too hard. She is too heavy, and when you should lift her twenty or thirty times ... impossible BRP smile

You make just soft enduro ? Or hard ?

I do not compete with the XR just trail ride.
On a day’s ride the trails vary from easy to hard
The XR was bought some years ago just to do a little off road alongside lighter bikes but it has continued to surprise me what type of terrain that can be covered.
It is not as nimble as the lighter bikes and failure on a climb or boggy land comes with a heavy price This no doubt adds an element of commitment when I attempt it as trying to get a full kick-start swing in a deep rut or clear it out after it has been on its side on a steep climb is no fun.
I have just completed a couple of days riding with a group who were on the latest KTM enduros and it coped ok, the hardest area I found to keep the pace was on soft mud rutted ground when I was always conscious of the extra weight. With spring about to come and the ground starting to firm up the XR is again looking better with the big lazy engine making long days riding trouble free.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down