Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play

Go down

XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play Empty XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:04 am

Hey, new here with my Supermoto BRP
XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play Img_2010

Been slowly cleaning the bike up to how I like it, today I took off the chain for a good clean. I was going to reassemble everything and noticed my front sprocket has some play on the counter shaft. From what I have read a bit of side to side play is ok, but I feel like my bike might have a bit too much? Hopefully it's nothing, my OCD has been going off the charts lately BRP smile

Here is a video, if you can't see it let me know!

Back to top Go down

XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play Empty Re: XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play

Post  Mauser Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:09 am

Welcome... it looks fine to me, don't forget you also have the retainer plate to go on, I always add copper slip between sprocket and shaft.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play Empty Re: XR650R Front Sprocket / Countershaft Play

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Great, I feel a lot better now haha. Even with the retainer in it has the same amount of movement. Copper slip? Like copper sheet metal?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:29 pm

No it's like copper grease...not essential but I use it Smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:33 am

Mauser wrote:No it's like copper grease...not essential but I use it

Dakkman, on Mauser's bit - or lot, dunno... hell, sidetracking here, but on it I don't want to know! Bump - you better realize that there IS a place where this copper-goo (anti seize compound) most definitely IS mandatory.... on you chain-adjuster bolts, in copious amounts also!
If not used they'll get stuck, and know some have replaced their swingarms due to this fact! Use plenty and often, and because you'll have it anyway use it in/on other places too, the thread of any sparkplug for instance is a good place, ditto on the back of brakepads.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:17 pm

BuRP wrote:
Mauser wrote:No it's like copper grease...not essential but I use it

Dakkman, on Mauser's bit - or lot, dunno... hell, sidetracking here, but on it I don't want to know!  Bump  - you better realize that there IS a place where this copper-goo (anti seize compound) most definitely IS mandatory.... on you chain-adjuster bolts, in copious amounts also!
If not used they'll get stuck, and know some have replaced their swingarms due to this fact! Use plenty and often, and because you'll have it anyway use it in/on other places too, the thread of any sparkplug for instance is a good place, ditto on the back of brakepads.

As I found out it doesn't always stop them sizing as mine did a few months back, save the hassle and replace with stainless steel.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down