Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montana 07 xr650

Go down

Montana 07 xr650 Empty Montana 07 xr650

Post  Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello everyone, my father in law has an 07 xr650r that I've taken up working on and poking around on here and there. We are having all sorts of trouble with it and I've taken it upon myself to get her running the way it should.

My history with bikes is on and off road. A few KTM 2 strokes and my current dirt bike is a 06 crf450r. Couple of street Suzuki's too.

I do as much work on them myself as possible and am not afraid of tackling projects as needed.

Yesterday we pulled the bike out of the back of the shop after sitting for a few months. Checked fluids, drained fuel and threw in some fresh gas and go figure the problem it's always had continues.

The bike is incredibly hard to kick start, and once it does start it hates idling and pops and gasps. I come to this forum today with a sore leg and determination to find a solution and get this thing fixed. A friend of my father in law went through the bike and did a bunch of work which I'm not so sure about so here I am to see if I can sort it out.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to our conversations.

Back to top Go down

Montana 07 xr650 Empty Re: Montana 07 xr650

Post  Mauser Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 pm

I would go back to basics and strip carb yourself and if possible try stock (Uncorked) jets ?, I know she might not run great due to your altitude etc but she should start and tick over OK.
Work your way through, new plug, clean filter and report back BRP smile
Welcome to the forums by the way.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 am

Yip, ditto: clean the carb to 'new' which means you'll need compressed air also.
Clean tank too if required, but whatever you do install an inline fuel filter.
If spark is there the bugger should start!
Enjoy BRP smile

Oh, assuming here that the tappets are set correctly, that there's an exahust present, handlears etc etc LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down