Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan cooling kit

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Empty Re: Fan cooling kit

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:24 pm

Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_0713
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_0715
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_0714

Trail Teck fan kit assembly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Both new radiators, (old were full of shi......) but the right side radiator its the original, already have 3 small mounts that i used.
New water pump also, pipes and thermostat, just waiting for the bearings and new cover also.
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 15847310
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 15847010
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 15847311

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 pm

.... but still have a lot to do... and now its getting very difficult to get spare parts.
BRP/SFan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_0913
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_0912

BRP/scotts steering stabilizer...polisport halo led headlight...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 pm

..general aspect.....now..
..and the engine clutch cover...... from Paul..

Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_0914
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_1010
Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Dsc_1011

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:45 pm

...not forgetting MAUSER and BuRP...

Fan cooling kit - Page 2 15847312

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 pm

Did the aftermarket rads fit OK ?, Paul said he needed to alter one of the outlets/inlets as it was in wrong position ?.
With all the Corona I have not yet taxed my bike !!! instead I brought another bike to mess with 1977 KH400 Triple...got it going yesterday first time on 30 years or more..... BRP smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUAFFTsliB8
Ignore the excess smoke I am running her on very rich oil mix till I know what the pump is doing, few more problems to resolve yet lol.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi, yes its true, the inlet/out pipe, on some the aftermarket model (right radiator), pipe that connects to the tank radiator reserve, its fitted on oposite direction should go....but no problem..
1 - There's an aftermarket model, with it on right position... "SCR Super Cooling Rads"
2 - buy a bigger pipe and make a slight turn (careful not to bend)

My case.... on the left side have a bigger radiator, on the left side used the original (but also new) cause i want to fit the fan, and original already have foot-pegs.Fan cooling kit - Page 2 Xr650r10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 pm

....I remember the Kawasaki KH400...i was much younger, but i remember.....two stroke engine oil....
Old good days... the smell of oil......enjoy.....it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Mauser wrote:Did the aftermarket rads fit OK ?, Paul said he needed to alter one of the outlets/inlets as it was in wrong position ?.
With all the Corona I have not yet taxed my bike !!! instead I brought another bike to mess with 1977 KH400 Triple...got it going yesterday first time on 30 years or more..... BRP smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUAFFTsliB8
Ignore the excess smoke I am running her on very rich oil mix till I know what the pump is doing, few more problems to resolve yet lol.

Oooooooo Mauser, droooooooooooooollllllll........... NICE! What a Face
I've had the full first triples series (S1, S2, H1 & H2) and know them well.... and that's why on/in the Utube it's not running on all pots: put new dry plugs in first, then check the synchronization?
When you turn the throttle the engine must jump!
The oilpumps are not problematic but I hear you, check first, and make sure no gunk nowhere!
Great!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Iancap,

if your rads and thermostat housing look like that you surely know the engine looks exactly the same?
CLEAN the lot please, then after reassembly flush the bugger a few times - that cooling system must be pristine clean inside!
listen up

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi BuRP,

At least the engine seems ok, tooks a new piston and rings (by the previous onwer) and starts very well and do not smoke at all.....do not understand why not spend a little bit more money....on the cooling..bahhh

Thanks for the tip, i alreaby blow it with the compressor several times with a liquid to clean it... now i think its ok.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:02 pm

...you both now this icon models..... i thought you were younger than me.... we are around the the same age...
The father of a big friend of mine had the KL250..... i has mad with it...always prefered the dirty models.. and the first four stroke i ride with my friend.
i do not know if may talk about this....... atfher all its a Honda forum....but I'm a big honda fan..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Ian, I may just be on top of the hill (just watch me gaining speed when I go over it!!!!) but Mauser's a young 'un, he's juuuust dry behind his ears! BRP smile
But age's just a number, one's character's what counts!
And yeah, we like this specific bike, and I was never a KTM fan..... but have several now - so you see, I need to grow up still! razz Bump

Flush your engine (after you get it running I suppose?) with a decent radiator flush (for aluminium engines!!), and drop it empty & repeat a few times.
Can't hurt but do a LOT of good, you will not want a/some hotspot inside somewhere Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:28 pm

Gentleman,

Finally Back…. Spending this past days rushing to finish the XR…… and give you good news, but unfortunately had two big steps back…

1 – Front wheel axle, bent, unable to fit the big disc rotor 320mm,wheel did not run freely.
Solved, new axle on Honda dealer and 1 month waiting.

2 - KeiHin Carburetor, i had only ridden the motorcycle 3 times,with an old motocross IRC tires.... not abusing the throttle.
Noticed that sometimes the engine had difficult get to idle speed (around 1500rpm), stood almost 1900rpm.
Yesterday, with the supermotard wheels (Bridgestone tires), push throttle to higher rpm....(awesome engine)... the engine had serious difficulties to low down rpm to normal idle.. stood around 2200rpm.
It's very annoying when in neutral need to engage 1st gear, it looks you are hitting the gear box with a hammer..https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_sad.gif
Not Solved, during this rebuilt I did not touch the carb….. I been reading your “tech section - Air To Fuel Mixes” searching for tips……
Regards

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2