Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front fender replacement

Go down

front fender replacement Empty front fender replacement

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:00 am

I want to put something different on my BRP. The stocker is goofy looking. Anyone have anything better?

Back to top Go down

front fender replacement Empty Re: front fender replacement

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 pm

xr400 bolts right up and looks decent enough (i think), can find in white or black too, which is good and they are cheap about 25bucks. nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:16 pm

I use to own a DR650 and I was able to trim the front fender right about an inch or so from the clamp. I then reversed how it was mounted so basically it was mounted with the rear of the fender going forward.

front fender replacement 458746340YoRItx_thfront fender replacement 459492576bkkECi_th

It worked pretty decent...The old fender was all scratched up and looked like crap to start with. After I did the trim on it and mounted it back up I didn't even bother ordering a new replacement. Haven't checked to see if this will work on the XR but it should. Most issues will reversing the front fender is clearance with the frame but you can trim it as short as you need. If you're going to do some serious off-road riding on your XR, I wouldn't go with this mod since there is no back side fender...for motar/street it's a lot cheaper then buying a new fender...Go buy yourself a new dirt fender, cut the old one for the street and just switch back and forth as you need.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down