Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off.

Go down

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Empty I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:02 am

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off.

Any words of advice?

Back to top Go down

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Empty Re: I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:21 am

What's up?

Will the bead not break?

Dave

Back to top Go down

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Empty ???

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:35 am

Need some details

If the bead isn't breaking there are many methods of doing this the rustic way. Most involve standing on the tire as the rim is somehow supported.

If you simply can't get the tire off then try one of the many excellent vids on methods that are on Youtube. I think some things are worth paying someone for. Tire changes are for me something I don't mind paying for. I can usually find a local guy who will do it for $10 to $20. I have a local guy who does it for next to nothing if I buy my tires from him.

Sorry I can't help more!

Back to top Go down

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Empty Re: I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:36 am

The tire was a heavy wall Dunlop 739. I got one side of the tire off but couldn't the the other side to slide over the edge of the rim. I didn't use a soap and water mix. This probably would of solved the problem.

Got pissed off and paid $15 to have the new one installed.

By the way, Which is the proper rim hole for both the valve stem and rim lock? Is the bigger hole for the rim lock?

Thx,

Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:18 pm

There are a couple of video demos in this link.
http://motocross.transworld.net/category/how-to/?tab=current&offset=8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Hew wrote:There are a couple of video demos in this link.

That is one of the video I watched before the tire change.

The Dunlop 739 AT is a real bastard.

Back to top Go down

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Empty All the money ...

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:38 am

All the money you spent to buy that spy place and you won't pay someone to change your tire? clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:42 am

AURORA wrote:

It really is just practice.
For me there has been no choice as I have needed to repair punctures on trail rides. The practice I had previously in my garage when I had time and comfort was a real help even if I did bang my knuckles a few times. Frustrated
After a few times it gets much easier and you start to find what works for you. One of the most important things is to push the part of the tyre that is on the rim into the centre making it easier to lever the rest on.
Good luck with the next one Question

Back to top Go down

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Empty I hate to admit it ...

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 pm

But practice is the best advice!

I remember the first time I tried to change a tire. Both spoon were bent badly. I was in a hurry and just screwed it all up. All I'd changed were bicycle tires and they are so thin and flexible that it's really no useful comparison.

I do know that tires soften up a lot in direct sunlight. You get any sunlight there in Phoenix? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:34 pm

baught this real cheap 2nd hand but did not use it yet.
i think its gonna be easy with this tool I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. 36202

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Beadbreakerkit

or do it like this:

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Breaking-bead

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 pm

now i use this real cheap tool and it works perfect, also with black rims.(supermotard)
i did some mods to it because it was made for cars only it say. lol naughty
scratchfree tire change is no problem anymore.

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Manual-tire-changer-1

http://www.manualtirechanger.com/

nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:05 am

AURORA wrote:

Was your skirt getting in the way of breaking the bead???

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:59 am

To break the bead I have used the kick stand on the tough ones, or even roll it slowly with the air out before i remove the tire and wheel off the bike.

Back to top Go down

I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off. Empty ouch!

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:12 pm

I think he hit you right in your mangina.

JimmyO23 wrote:
AURORA wrote:

Was your skirt getting in the way of breaking the bead???

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 pm

AURORA wrote:I tried changing the rear tire...no luck getting it off.

Any words of advice?
use plenty of soapy water and good quallity tyre levers.....no prob!even with dunlop 606.checkout utube.it does help for good teknique.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down