Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel line

Go down

Fuel line Empty Fuel line

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 pm

After a potentially firey scenario in Moab affraid , I'm looking for some QUALITY fuel line for my BRP (Acerbis Sahara tank). The stuff I bought at a local shop got all saggy and loose (don't we all with age? Sad ).

Where can I get the real deal?? shrug

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Fuel line Empty Re: Fuel line

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Motion Pro's "Tygon" is some really nice line. Came with my IMS tank & it's tough stuff (shrnks a bit with age however, but remains flexy & its really pricey too) I got some 100% silicone line 2 years ago that is working real well for me, I think it was "Helix" brand name, (but I could be wrong on that, Helix might have been the crappy stuff I tried. lol, that's no help at all, sorry). Whatever the case the stuff that worked was expensive! It's discolored a bit with age, but is still as flexable as when I got it with no swelling whatsoever. Where do you get them? well, just about any good bike shop should be able to get either for you, although they may make you buy 25' (which is around $80 for the Tygon line Shocked ) & I think I paid around $10 or 15 for 5 feet of the silicone hose. Most mail order places offer

Whatever you do, line is one place where you really do get what you pay for - there's cheaper line to be had, but it doesn't last.

Last edited by Mythic on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Mythic wrote:Motion Pro's "Tygon" is some really nice line. Came with my IMS tank & it's tough stuff (shrnks a bit with age however, but remains flexy & its really pricey too) I got some 100% silicone line 2 years ago that is working real well for me, I think it was "Helix" brand name, (but I could be wrong on that - Helix might have been thecrappy stuff I got lol, sorry that's no help at all). Whatever the case, the stuff that worked was expensive, I remember that much! It's discolored a bit with age, but is still as flexable as when I got it with no swelling whatsoever. Where do you get them? well, just about any good bike shop should be able to get either for you, although they may make you buy 25' (which is around $80 for the Tygon line Shocked ) & I think I paid around $10 or 15 for 5 feet of the silicone hose. Most mail order shops offer the stuff

Whatever you do, line is one place where you really do get what you pay for - there's cheaper line to be had, but it doesn't last.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down