Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New (to me) Edelbrock question

Go down

New (to me) Edelbrock question Empty New (to me) Edelbrock question

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:53 am

OK Edelbrock gurus. I just installed a really low mileage Edelbrock QS carb. With some kicking, it started.

Issues:

- When I let off the gas at cruise, the idle will remain fairly high for 10-45 seconds, then return to normal. (Not a simple adjustment issue)

- Hitting the throttle off-idle while rolling produces a massive bog, then picks up.

- Seems to be backfiring a lot.

I bought it second hand, with like 13 hours, and the guy I bought it from had no issues with it. Its a pretty new carb, with all of the updates (brown boot). I don't have the instructions and am waiting for them from Edelbrock.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

New (to me) Edelbrock question Empty Re: New (to me) Edelbrock question

Post  Focker Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:19 am

Shoot Hodakaguy - Hodakaguy - a PM!
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

New (to me) Edelbrock question Empty Got it!

Post  Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 am

Ok, I found a link on Thumper Talk to Edelbrock's destructions. Played with the carb for a couple of hours this afternoon and man, what a difference. Bike was super lean. I richened it up about 7 clicks and tweaked the accelerator pump.

Bike starts first kick, lofts the front wheel through 3rd, lugs around with no issues and doesn't pee on itself if I lean it over further than 5 degrees.

Everybody has such different experiences with this carb. Guy I bought it from didn't like it and was going to go with the Mikuni.

I couldn't be happier. I'll check back in a month or so in this thread and post an update.

(Thanks Focker for the suggestion, any questions and I'll drop him a line.)

Back to top Go down

New (to me) Edelbrock question Empty Re: New (to me) Edelbrock question

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down