Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giantloop for your XRR

Go down

Giantloop for your XRR Empty Giantloop for your XRR

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:08 pm

These guys are local here in Oregon and have designed and sell the best bag for dirtbikes I have ever seen. http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

Here it is on my bike.........

Giantloop for your XRR StroupDown2

Giantloop for your XRR BRP098

Back to top Go down

Giantloop for your XRR Empty Re: Giantloop for your XRR

Post  Focker Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:46 pm

stroupdog wrote:These guys are local here in Oregon and have designed and sell the best bag for dirtbikes I have ever seen. http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

I'm really interested in the system...The cool thing is Dave from GL registered on this forum and said he would list us on the GL website. Wink
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Giantloop for your XRR Empty A Word From Giant Loop

Post  Focker Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:26 am

Me - Does the Giant Loop come off without tools? It looks like the best system I've seen so far.
Is it waterproof, like a dry bag?

GL - Thanks for the bag questions. We designed the system to stay on the machine and rather than try to make it come off easily (it only takes about 3 minutes to remove) we approached it as needing to stay attached securely. It's a common question for sure and we do have a bag in development that will mount and be removed without any tools but that is being created for the larger machines like KTM 990, V-Strom, BMW and other twins. We intended this as a long-distance solution for multi-day rides but have found most guys just leave it on and are carrying all their tools and tubes on the bike for day loops too.

Our material is 1050 Ballistics Cordura and is waterproof. Not exactly like a dry bag, but it is quite burly and will repel water. Like any fabric, it will have a life span and I would suspect at some point become a little less tough but I've used a prototype for over 5000 miles of hard off-road and it's still waterproof.

We use single stitch, military thread that is super tough and less holes to leak, #10 YKK extra large zippers that are storm flapped, Griptechâ„¢ base layer that not only grabs the plastic on your bike but has a degree of heat reflection. All kits are shipped with a stainless steel heat shield that isn't really necessary on XRs but will defend your kit from any pipe you have mounted on your XR including the stock unit.

It's the best system for hard core riding for sure, no racks, bike carries the load better than any other system and it actually looks cool too!

Dave

Giant Loop
ride@giantloopmoto.com
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:48 am

It goes on my wish list. Santa wasn't very nice this year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:01 am

Me too...

bongodave wrote:It goes on my wish list. Santa wasn't very nice this year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Bump, and here's a pointer; get an extra set of side plastics and it's easy swapping between camping rig or singletrack piggy. Plus theyll be clean and un-assaulted so you can still look cool down at the quickie mart. Very Happy Pics coming soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 am

I dont have any pics ready, but I can personally voutch for this bag. they are the BEST thing for hard core off road riding where you are gone for multi day trips. if you want a little more than whats the bare minimum and a little worse way of carrying the weight get the dirt bags. they will hold a little more, not much and only in the largest bag they make, but the giant loop carries the weight much better and is built VERY well.

Pics soon, and a review. well maybe not soon but sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 am

Is the loop for condom storage?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Can you tell me about that Fender pack? I see several different manufacturers and I'm looking for the largest one I can find (large enough for a heavy duty tube plus tools). Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Giantloop for your XRR Empty Wouldn't that be ...

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Wouldn't that be GIANT condom storage?

AURORA wrote:Is the loop for condom storage?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:46 am

SFXR wrote:Can you tell me about that Fender pack? I see several different manufacturers and I'm looking for the largest one I can find (large enough for a heavy duty tube plus tools). Thanks!

Wolfman makes a nice fenderpack. I have a Tusk fenderpack from Rocky Mountain ATV that has 2 tire irons in it. They come with them. I have a 21" HD tube in it and tire irons and a CO2 cartridge.They arnt much, but will get the job done. The Tusk model is under $15 and the Wolfman is $25. The Wolfman is a little larger.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:55 am

Thanks for the tip, Doug. nice Ever try the Moose model?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 am

I have a 21" HD tube in it and tire irons and a CO2 cartridge.

When I go on longer rides I carry a rear tube. My thought was that if you are carrying just one let it be the smaller (diameter) one...even though it's fatter it will fill up the 21" front without a problem, but scrunching that skinny 21" into the 18 rear would be a bear. I also plan on picking up a heavy-duty fast-drying vulcanizing patch kit....patching will be my first option.

Regarding the Loop....I'm sorry for the guys that love them but I just cannot get over the look of it. It looks like Bigfoots crooked penis. Plus with the amount of mounting and dismounting I do....I throw my leg over the back....when I first rode my bike it had the XRs only medium rear fender bag which I pretty much destroyed with my boot from mounting/dismounting and I am 6'3" with a 33" inseam.

/shrug

Your mileage my vary. blah

Back to top Go down

Giantloop for your XRR Empty OK, I'll ask

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:29 am

How do you know what Bigfoot's junk looks like?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:56 am

How do you know what Bigfoot's junk looks like?

It looks like the giant Loop!

Back to top Go down

Giantloop for your XRR Empty Giant Loop Coyote

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:50 am

Trial test fitting the Coyote........

Giantloop for your XRR Img_9026

Giantloop for your XRR Img_9027

Giantloop for your XRR Img_9028

This should do the trick. Giantloop for your XRR Icon_porc

Back to top Go down

Giantloop for your XRR Empty anybody know why...

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 am

Wachs and his partner moved away from the bolt on system for the bags to the strap on system?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down