Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Focker - Please explain the donation request

Go down

Focker - Please explain the donation request Empty Focker - Please explain the donation request

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:57 am

I'm happy kicking in some dough. I just don't understand what you are paying for. A domain name costs $10 bucks a year. How does it revert back? Are you using the hosting or domain services of the forum software people or ???

Thanks,

Last edited by Bump on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Focker - Please explain the donation request Empty Re: Focker - Please explain the donation request

Post  Focker Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Bump wrote:A domain name costs $10 bucks a year.

$19.86 with private registration for one year ($39.72 for 2 years etc.) unless you guys want to slap down a big chunk for multiple years. Kind of like what Ron Popeil says "Set It And Forget It"!

Bump wrote:How does it revert back?
The original site name is - www.hondaxr650r.forummotion.com
Before you joined some of us had this discussion (My Dec 3rd post is worded backwards tho regarding the new name s--t head ) - Site Name Change

Bump wrote:Are you using the hosting or domain services of the forum software people or ???
Doesn't cost me a dime except for my time which I do for free and have enjoyed the whole time...No issue there.

Basically I'm not going to spend the money to keep the custom site name...The original works just fine. If you guys feel the need/want to keep the site name great I'll renew with the monies and buy multiple years. What I could do is keep you posted as to how much comes in and then cut it off when the goal is met...This to avoid extra $ or having to issue refunds.

If the active members just tossed in a buck it would add up quick and the site name could be purchased for multiple years...The member base is still growing (I did wipe out some of the members who have never visited or posted and I will do it again on November 6th).

You guys decide...It's really no big deal to me. One problem that could happen is when the name expires it's up for grabs and who knows what could happen then if anything?
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Focker - Please explain the donation request Empty I chipped in a buck

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 pm

if no one else does I'll pay it all. Gladly. Don't let it go. If that is your intention I'll buy it off you. Just let me know.

I intended to pay it all just now but the PayPal thing only accepted a buck. And the thought of logging in 20 times to my PayPal account with my long and super secure password was deflating...

Back to top Go down

Focker - Please explain the donation request Empty Re: Focker - Please explain the donation request

Post  Focker Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Bump wrote:Don't let it go. If that is your intention I'll buy it off you. Just let me know.

I intended to pay it all just now but the PayPal thing only accepted a buck. And the thought of logging in 20 times to my PayPal account with my long and super secure password was deflating...
Thanx Pat.

I think this is a great site and by no means want to see it crumble. I can change the donation amount to anything or leave it up to the donator. I did a buck so members wouldn't feel obligated for more.

Why don't we wait and hope that others will (at the minimum) toss in a buck.
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Focker - Please explain the donation request Empty Site Hosting

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:49 pm

PayPal sent...... Focker - Please explain the donation request 16397

Thanks Brad!

Back to top Go down

Focker - Please explain the donation request Empty sounds great!

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm thinking most of the guys will pony up a buck. Either way you should know we have you covered on this.

How's your bug coming along?

I've been thinking about something like this:
Focker - Please explain the donation request IMG_1525
But then I remember I have two kids and a wife... And people seem to be pretty proud of the$e.

So I've been kicking around the idea of getting, or creating a IH Scout SS II like this (minus the Mr T starter set gold wheels and graphics kit): Focker - Please explain the donation request 06photo15
My thinking is to make work a newish Chevy Vortec 4200 I6. They are all aluminum and I like inlines in crawlers. I really want a convertible so that limits my choices. I had a CJ-7 in college so I'd prefer a different brand of crappy engineered 4X4 this time. Mainly i want something we can tow, or throw in a race car trailer and go to Colorado, or Mex, or wherever. A lot of parts are made for the Scouts. Many fiberglass too. So I'd have a pretty light 4X4.

I had a great uncle I used to visit in Colorado in summer and he had two early scouts, 80 maybe, the first generation-windshield folded down I think, and I have some good memories of going way back in the rockies to fish. He had a summer cabin and a winter cabin. The summer cabin was way up there. He had speakers in all the tree to listen to his music. It was right on some creek or river.

Focker wrote:
Bump wrote:Don't let it go. If that is your intention I'll buy it off you. Just let me know.

Thanx Pat.

I think this is a great site and by no means want to see it crumble. I can change the donation amount to anything or leave it up to the donator. I did a buck so members wouldn't feel obligated for more.

Why don't we wait and hope that others will (at the minimum) toss in a buck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:31 am

A little off topic but I'll submit.
Bump wrote:How's your bug coming along?
The bug's gone...I sold it on CL less than hour after placing the ad and yes for more than I had into it...That always feels good. I picked up a '67 bus back in June and got it on the road after 15 years of sitting. I'm much more in to the VW buses and love cruis'in this thing as much as possible...More my speed than the XR...Same colors tho! naughty
Focker - Please explain the donation request Picture024a

This winter I plan to build a bobber out of a Yamaha XS650 that I picked up in Bend this summer...Chopping it to become a hardtail a.k.a. kidney killer!
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Focker wrote:$19.86 with private registration for one year ($39.72 for 2 years etc.) unless you guys want to slap down a big chunk for multiple years. Kind of like what Ron Popeil says "Set It And Forget It"!
The one year goal is met. 2 thumbs

Thanx to the following 7 members out of 240:
Backwoods Boogie
Bodie
Bump
dougc
Hew
joenuclear
Thunderchild

If anymore members give it will be for a 2 year goal...It's up to you. If it gets close to the $39.72 I'll make up the difference without going over. I would have done the same for the one year goal if I wasn't at work and could have caught it in time. I don't want to personally take your money...It's for the site.

Please leave your member name in the PayPal comment box so it's easier for me to figure out who gave.

Thanx again!
~Focker
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:11 am

Hey, lookin' good as far as dinero goes.

I tossed some coins in the hat, a few minutes ago.

Thanks for keeping the site rolling along, Focker.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:21 pm

Dave P wrote:I tossed some coins in the hat, a few minutes ago.
Thanx Dave.
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:45 am

Thank you for the donation Califxr!

~Focker
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Focker - Please explain the donation request Empty 5 years

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:44 am

Focker wrote:
11-03-2009

*** ATTENTION XR650R FORUM MEMBERS ***

THE XR650RFOURUM.COM NAME HAS BEEN RENEWED FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED!

~ Focker

That is awesome...... Focker - Please explain the donation request 16397

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:15 am

I faked some personal info on the registry...Therefore saving some bucks by not using "Private Registration" and putting all the donations towards the most years I could get. BRP smile
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:16 pm

I been using these guys for years, I think it cost me $8 to do a private registration for a site I made to let people know of an individual in the neighborhood that is stealing money (claiming to be an HOA to the title companies and collecting, long story).

Might want to check into them, I have had over 30 domain names with them.
http://domainsite.com/

By the way if you need help or more money let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:22 pm

I didn't want to spend the money for PR ($8-ish per year) and was able to put basic info in the required fields. I have an account for a few domain names and still will receive everything I need to stay on top of this site.

Thanx for the lead. As for the $...I'll hit you up for it 5 years from now! naughty

~Focker
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down