Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just another Aussie.

Go down

Just another Aussie. Empty Just another Aussie.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:22 am

Hey all.
I finaly pulled the trigger on a BRP after finding a clean low k's job in Melbourne and we're driving down next week to pick her up. Should be a delightfull eight hour plus drive..But I recon I can talk my mate into dropping me and the bike off at the Barry Way though then meeting up Jindabine if I shout lunch and a beer or two, what could be fairer than that?
Anyway, Ive been out of the dirtbiking loop for a few years and now its time for me to get back in.
So on that note I have a few questions for local guys.

Where do you guys shop for your BRP bits and peices, do you keep it local or do you make the most of the floundering greenback and buy imported gear from sites like e-bay or retailers?

Im in Sydneys northwest, out towards the mountains, anyone know where I can get some info or maps on trails and rides out that way?

I will probably spend a lot of time on the blacktop between dirt, what would be a good tyre / gearing combo for that kind of riding. Something like TKC 80's and 15 / 45? Hows that sound.

Now I haven't got any pics of the Honda yet, so here's one of my Ducati copping it on some dirt road on the way to Braidwood.

cheers guys.

Just another Aussie. %3Ca%20href=Just another Aussie. Scootering024-1" border="0" />

Back to top Go down

Just another Aussie. Empty Re: Just another Aussie.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Welcome Dave.

Congrats on the new Just another Aussie. Icon_porc !!!

Just another Aussie. 36202

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Welcome Dave,sure you will enjoy the xr.....good rigs for the oz terrain.I get most of my parts from ballards offroad in sydney,they sell lots of general stuff for the xr,lots of nice hot up gear from the usa,i run same gearing as you with a good quality chain,bike chews tyres but have had decent runs out of michelin desert front/rear,and ed12 b/stones.....ride and enjoy

Back to top Go down

Just another Aussie. Empty Welcome!

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Not sure what to advise you on parts. There's some stuff being made there in OZ. If you want to get a list together here I'll ship it to you. Or if you want to buy some things and let them sit here until you get your pile complete then I'll sip it all to you.

What parts are you referring to?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:14 pm

Bump wrote: Or if you want to buy some things and let them sit here until you get your pile complete then I'll sip it all to you.

What parts are you referring to?

Thanks mate.
Well initally I will be looking at getting a bigger tank. It seems the only ones avalable over here are HUGE, like 22 liter plus jobs and I dont realy need to turn it into a petrol tanker, 200 kms (around 125 miles) is plenty of range for now. I'd prefer something around 15 liters so Im leaning towards a Clarke or IMS 4.3 gal, though Im still in the 'which tank' phase at the moment. Suggestions?
Next up would be the obligatory exhaust system I guess, all this type of stuff seems to be twice the cost here compared to the US. For example the bike in the pic, I had a full Remus system shiped over last time our dollar was at 93c US, even with shipping and taxes I saved nealy a thousand bucks over local prices.
That's about all I can think of straight away, now I might slip over to the galleries section for some visa card threatening ideas..

Back to top Go down

Just another Aussie. Empty Gas tanks

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:24 pm

My opinion is the IMS is a better fit and perhaps better quality. There are also a lot more of them out there and it's what the racers here use. I saw an IMS 4.6 go on ebay last spring for $125. It was new and left over from a racing team's effort here.

I recommend the Pro Circuit T-4 pipe. They can be found used. Also in pieces so you can buy used an piece it together. Beware; they also make a T-4 slip on muffler that fits the stock pipe and not the full T-4 system.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:18 am

Dave_o wrote:

Just another Aussie. %3Ca%20href=Just another Aussie. Scootering024-1" border="0" />

Damn.

Can you believe it?

Another *&$%#$% Convict!?!

Remember the first Mad Max movie? What was that line? Oh yeah, "Beware of the Night Rider on a XRR."

By the way welcome to the asylum.

Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:20 am

AURORA wrote:
Dave_o wrote:

Damn.

Can you believe it?

Remember the first Mad Max movie? What was that line? Oh yeah, "Beware of the Night Rider on a XRR."

Just another Aussie. 289879

Convict? Nah, my ancestors came over as humble farmers who hitched up convicts to ploughs and beat them with horse whips when they started slaking off. So technically they were slavers of sorts.

cheers big guy.

Back to top Go down

Just another Aussie. Empty easy there...

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Sounds like you're starting to believe that family lore!

So we can safely assume their crime was REALLY REALLY bad.

Just another Aussie. 508313

Dave_o wrote:
AURORA wrote:
Dave_o wrote:

Damn.

Can you believe it?

Just another Aussie. 289879

Convict? Nah, my ancestors came over as humble farmers who hitched up convicts to ploughs and beat them with horse whips when they started slaking off. So technically they were slavers of sorts.

cheers big guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:36 pm

You are of course, correct Bump.

But is it realy a crime to steel a loaf of bread to feed your starving prostitutes..erm..family?
Might I add that selling opium wasn't outlawed here until 1905.
Not sure about the polygamy.
Or the sodomy...

Back to top Go down

Just another Aussie. Empty FDLOL

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Great sense of humor!!!

Nearly all those crimes are sexual. You'll fit right in over here...

No pun intended.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down