Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'nother Tucson desert prowler

Go down

'nother Tucson desert prowler Empty 'nother Tucson desert prowler

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:15 am

Bought Dave P's old bike (the one with the messed up grips and funky handlebars)
Runs like a champ though .... and I'm enjoying the different things it can do compared to my YZ250 smoker race bke. I'm making some mods and really appreciate the info on this site.
Thanks, I'll see ya
Mike

Back to top Go down

'nother Tucson desert prowler Empty Welcome Mike!

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:05 am

The Tucson chapter is getting pretty big here!

Back to top Go down

'nother Tucson desert prowler Empty F.N.G

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:10 am

Welcome to the forum Mike..... 'nother Tucson desert prowler 16397

Back to top Go down

'nother Tucson desert prowler Empty Re: 'nother Tucson desert prowler

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:06 am

Hey Mike:

I'm glad she's working out for you! I miss that bike (even the messed up grips and funky bars). My neighbors don't, though. BRP smile

Keep us posted on the mods!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:34 pm

Just got back from our singletrack race course = 26.3 mile loop + some other fun stuff thrown in.

New rear tire (Bridgestone E78) works really well.
RSW Racing top clamp was a bargain and put some oversize bars higher and farther forward.
Rekluse clutch and left hand rear brake work great and let me spend more energy manhandling the bike.
Tusk carbon rear brake pads cleared up the rear brake noise and work really well here in the desert.
ProTaper pillowtop MX grips top it all off.
(I just need to find a quiet insert and spark arrestor the the White Bros E2 that's on it)

The XR is a lot different than my YZ. The big 4stroke seems to be able to find traction anywhere and although you have to plan a little farther ahead to get it to turn (and can't just throw it in) it turns pretty well .... with the power on. And holy sh** does it get up to speed given a little room ... good thing it's much more stable at speed. I was surprised how well the suspension works and how well it climbs rocky and rutted singletrack. With the Rekluse in it I think that 15/48 gearing will work well for what I do ... and plan to do.

Dave - let the ADV guys know that our race in San Manuel is Dec 5 - they can ride over Mt Lemmon or Reddington and make an adventure out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:31 am

Mike:

Right on. You have been very busy!

It is funny how deceptively nimble the pig is, especially on hills, like you said. Point it, add gas and you are there. BRP smile

Give me a link to the San Man race and I'll put it on the ADV "Tucson" thread. If nothing else, it would be cool to check out the scene.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:28 am

Another Tucson BRP rider here. Wonder how many that makes? Any Idea any one?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:33 am

I don't know how many Tucson BRP riders are here, but between this site and ADV, I'm sure we could start a local BRP club.

Any thoughts on a name? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

'nother Tucson desert prowler Empty BRPson

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 am

Dave P wrote:I don't know how many Tucson BRP riders are here, but between this site and ADV, I'm sure we could start a local BRP club.

Any thoughts on a name? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down