Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb?

Go down

Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb? Empty Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Hello,
I am currently looking to upgrade my stock carb to either a Mikuni or an Edelbrock. Iam leaning more towards the Mikuni. For those of you who have a Mikuni What is the model number and where did you prchase it. How is the craftsmenship between the two? Any information will help. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb? Empty Used...

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:14 pm

These are for sale used pretty often. I think the Mikuni is for sale used right now somewhere for $200. It requires a transition piece I think. The information about is pretty common. Someone sells a kit. Google it all. And some people pull it off some other bike, a Suzuki I think.

Why are you leaving the stocker?
paddy2257 wrote:Hello,
I am currently looking to upgrade my stock carb to either a Mikuni or an Edelbrock. Iam leaning more towards the Mikuni. For those of you who have a Mikuni What is the model number and where did you prchase it. How is the craftsmenship between the two? Any information will help. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb? Empty Re: Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb?

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:17 am

the mikuni is a bitch to tune. i gave up on it.
edelbrock cannot be dialled in and i wasnt happy with its top end.

the stock carb works well everywhere but when it floods, it floods like a bitch.

Back to top Go down

Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb? Empty that's not correct is it?

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 am

Why do you think it floods so much?
ADVJake wrote:the mikuni is a bitch to tune. i gave up on it.
edelbrock cannot be dialled in and i wasnt happy with its top end.

the stock carb works well everywhere but when it floods, it floods like a bitch.

Back to top Go down

Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb? Empty Re: Where did you purchase your aftermarket carb?

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 am

Not sure.
Im not an expert on the inner workings of a carb, but only know the differences between them from riding.
The stocker will flood at the drop of a hat, without even dropping the bike, ive had it flood on a hill.

Im interested in someones experience with a Keihin FCR41.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down