Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding

Go down

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding Empty IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:30 am

If you use a IPhone this is a great Adventure Riding App. It's called GoodReader and will read/store about any type of file. So how does this benefit a ADV rider???? You can load up the complete factory repair manual for your bike/bikes in PDF form and carry it with you anywhere you go! Might just save the day some time. It will store/read PDF files, word documents, Excel files ect ect. I even have some Garmin GPS files loaded into it so I can email the files from my Iphone if needed!

Here's a few screen shots of the app.

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding IMG_0385

This is what the app looks like (red arrow). My IPhone lives in a OtterBox Defender case, super rugged and has already saved my IPhone many times over.

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding IMG_0392

Some of my files on the GoodReader App. Factory manuals for my car, motorcycles, GPS Files, and some data for my Tanker Braces.

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding IMG_0394

Three full factory manuals all on the IPhone and ready to be used at a moments notice. I no longer have my XRR but I still ride with friends that have them so I loaded up the XRR manual as well. The Otterbox screen cover makes the picture look grainy but it looks super clear in person.

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding IMG_0396

First page of the 530 manual. The interface is real user friendly, you can pinch/zoom just like any other app and there are a lot of ways to customize it. Very handy!

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding IMG_0397

A sample page out of the manual. You can scroll up and down, zoom in and out ect.

Anyways thought I would share this handy app.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding Empty Re: IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Cool is it free?

Back to top Go down

IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding Empty Re: IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding

Post  Focker Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Clipity wrote:Cool is it free?
There's a lite version but what's .99 these days? Skip the value menu at BK and read some docs instead. IPhone Users - Great App to take with you when riding 689675
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down