Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spokes

Go down

Spokes Empty Spokes

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 8:04 am

I want to rebuild the 17" wheels on my SM - the spokes are corroded (not rusted) from the time the bike spent at the coast. Should I replace the spokes or have them plated/coated? What are the options?

Back to top Go down

Spokes Empty Re: Spokes

Post  Mauser Wed May 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm

What plating options/colours can I use?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:

What plating options/colours can I use?

Just saw your link. I suppose nickel or zinc so maybe silver and gold. Are there other colour options for plating?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 2:37 pm

I spoke to the guys who did my zinc plating on my Porsche. They say they chrome spokes but the condition they are in dictates the finish they get

110 pounds for chrome and 275 pounds for black chrome. It may be worth buying new spokes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Have a look at this UK site. A bit far away but they should be able to sort you out with a set of stainless or galvanized spokes.
They made a set of front and back for a fantic twinshock trials bike for £140 total. Very good service.
http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/price_lists/price_lists.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Hew wrote:Have a look at this UK site. A bit far away but they should be able to sort you out with a set of stainless or galvanized spokes.
They made a set of front and back for a fantic twinshock trials bike for £140 total. Very good service.
http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/price_lists/price_lists.html

Thanks, I think the polished stainless spokes would look good with my rims -BLING

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Buy moose stainless steel spokes ( under 50 on ebay ? ) end of problem . The nipples are what buggs me , what nipples are you dudes using , zinc plated steel or the fancy aluminium ones ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Buy moose stainless steel spokes ( under 50 on ebay ? ) end of problem . The nipples are what buggs me , what nipples are you dudes using , zinc plated steel or the fancy aluminium ones ?

The only 17" I see on there are KLR650 rear - will my bike go slower with KLR parts? razz

How can I know the right length for my spokes without stripping my wheels? I know they are 2.6mm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Buy moose stainless steel spokes ( under 50 on ebay ? ) end of problem . The nipples are what buggs me , what nipples are you dudes using , zinc plated steel or the fancy aluminium ones ?

I want bling nipples - I love nipples Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down