Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fork spring specs

Go down

Fork spring specs Empty Fork spring specs

Post  Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:39 am

Anyone got specs on standard springs for me? Wire diameter, free length and number of coils.
Want to see if mine are standard or upgraded.

Standard is .43 - I had mine tested and the guy said .46 - Not sure if his calibration is out

Back to top Go down

Fork spring specs Empty Re: Fork spring specs

Post  Mauser Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 am

I did do a write up on changing oil and the spring length is within it....didn't measure diamter of the wire....
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/service/forks/forks.shtml
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:45 am

Yip, mine are 509mm exactly

33 and a bit coils

4.9mm thickness with my bad eyesight

I read somewhere that the oil level can be 90mm to 120mm - I see quite a few guys do 100mm

Mine is a motard - Going to buy much stiffer springs and get a revalve done but for now as a temporary "fix" I am putting in 10wt and probably 100mm oil height unless someone on here agrees that 90mm is ok.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:57 pm

It was an offroad expert that told me to use 10wt - Today I was speaking to a sponsored motard racer and he says rather 15wt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Anyone there with a standard fork spring that can count the coils and measure the thickness of the wire?

I am assembling the forks now - The instructions say to fit the rebound springs but I have none - I do not see them on the parts catalog either.

Rear shock is assembled but with 3wt, going to empty and fill with 7.5wt tomorrow.

Just need to tighten the bolt under my forks and drive the seals in the rest of the way tomorrow then I will fill them to 100mm with 15wt

The manual says to put locktite on the bottom bolt -Is it necessary? Is it a good idea to use Loctite on aluminium threads?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down