Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New From Halifax Nova Scotia Canada

Go down

New From Halifax Nova Scotia Canada Empty New From Halifax Nova Scotia Canada

Post  Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:29 am

Just saying hello to everyone. Just bough a 2001 and my plan is to build it up into an adventure touring bike. I know that this is a XR650R site and I have an "L".

Just modified my seat (I am short), skid plate just arrived at the shop, side and rear luggage rack on order, pelican like luggage boxes next to me on the floor, Super Moto tires in storage and looking for a lowering link.

All I need now is a couple of weeks to build her up, a pipe bender and welder and the spring to show up to be able to go for a ride.

Back to top Go down

New From Halifax Nova Scotia Canada Empty Re: New From Halifax Nova Scotia Canada

Post  Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 pm

I might be the only one to reply, as R's are very much welcome here...... but owners of L's should go to another, appropriate, forum.
You see, the only similarities between them are "Honda" and "650", the rest is completely different.

Back to top Go down

New From Halifax Nova Scotia Canada Empty Re: New From Halifax Nova Scotia Canada

Post  Mauser Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Thumpertalk, ADV or XRV forums might be more useful to you as Burp mentions the R is such a different bike to the L I think only the front wheel might be the same... ? R's even use a different type of air in their tyres/tires to handle the high power:bump: 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down