Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

greeting from canada

Go down

greeting from canada  Empty greeting from canada

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:19 am

use it for my principal ride (hate bikes over 300 lbs ) tuned for MILEAGE ! cush drive  hub ims 4.3 cheap Chinese  led work lamps 250 w stator  15 43 gears   one of those speedo tach things turn signals and all the other stuff for street legality  seat concepts (thank you)   personally re-tuned the shock  arctic weight lube oil front and rear 5 gallons surplus for the price of 1 liter of fork oil  (i'm an old guy) and like a cushy ride  15 years riding  lots of tires discs chains brake pads cables  but NO engine work  other than the  occasional valve clearance check  truly unbelievable  i think it might be burning a little  more oil than new  but perfectly in line  for something that might  have 70,000 plus miles on it now  (sorry completely  guess work on my part working on the records from only the last 3 years that its actually had an odometer  .Thats the bike ,me I have marshaled up cross country races in alberta foothills   in years past  seem to collect motorcycles ( anybody want to buy one(or all) of the 7 isdt jawas that are following me around? (and a few other exotics )   call my self a fixer, instrumentation was my career machine tools welders and contsructing  everything from bikes to airplanes   was my hobby my diagnostic skill make it easy for me to live anywhere i choose and as such i haven't spent winter in Canada in 20 years . Cheers to the community   may see you guys out there someplace  look for me west of santiago bcs  mexico(out near a hot spring )  winter, salmon arm bc canada summer

Back to top Go down

greeting from canada  Empty Re: greeting from canada

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 am

G'day mate,
Welcome, you must have a tale or two to tell given your history. Your bike tuned for mileage? what kind of numbers you talking here?(metric please) These BRP are an amazing bike, will do anything you ask them...noisy though. A few pictures of the bike collection would be much appreciated..
Myself a fixer and an old bloke

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Welcome! Keep posting a bit more then you can show us some pics!

Back to top Go down

greeting from canada  Empty on my way south

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:54 am

will dig you guys out some juicy photos of some rides and places i have gotten to when i get landed long enough to dig out the relevant hard drive , I am in moore idaho close to where the tour of idaho crosses 93 to head west on the magruder corridor ,I am heading south to mexico for a couple months riding mileage best is around 70 to 80 kph in top gear (with 15 43) this comes in under 3k rpm practically lugging the bike before i added the cush drive chains eery year as the links would get kinky , i bought it used with a full titanium race pipe and can , and go, and LOUD , very! I have been riding xc for 50 years now and most of my rides are now weekdays and questionably legal famailiar old racecourse and remembered animal trails in areas closed by use conflict so quiet is the rule a slightly opened stock can and slighty larger fmf header 175 needle 68 pilot the so called race needle its fine up to 9,000 feet i actualy run the needle in the lowest (leanest position) at present sometimes 1 down and have to trim the low speed mixture to get it to clean up at altitude its still pretty crappy transition from pilot to needle without big revs as the engine likes to rev to burn a fat mixture and riding trails paved with bowling ball sized rocks because the fines are all gone like this is not my idea of fun I am undecided if the needle jet body is worn or the rumour that there was a stock "e" (need to check notes on this ) vs" f" that is supposed to be 3 clips leaner (any farther knowledge on this appreciated especially if it results of 1 in my hands . net result is no better than 30 km per liter and most times 20-25 mexican mixed long distance plug dark tan pipe almost carbony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down