Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style***

Go down

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** Empty ***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style***

Post  Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:50 am

I installed a set of ProTaper bars on my 650R using universal bar mounts. That left me without a mounting point for my Vapor & billet protector. When the universal bar mounts are used, the mounting holes move closer together and it wouldn't allow the use of the billet protector I already had. After some web searching, head scratching and measuring I figured I only had a couple options:

A) Scrap my $45 billet protector and buy a cheesy mount off the triple dub interweb.

B) Make my own...

I liked option B a lot better. And what's cooler than fabbing your own trick bits for your ride? shrug

Below are some pics showing the results.

Enjoy! 2 thumbs

Here's a couple pics of the mount...

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** ATT00001

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** ATT00004

Mount on the bike to show use of stock odometer holes...

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** CIMG0037

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** CIMG0038

And finally, with the vapor installed...

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** CIMG0034

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** CIMG0036

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** CIMG0035

Back to top Go down

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** Empty Re: ***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style***

Post  Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:49 am

Jdubb....and to think I told you to buy a crappy TrailTech piece. Very nice! bow

Back to top Go down

***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style*** Empty Re: ***Custom Vapor Mount jdubb Style***

Post  Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:26 am

doug@dsa wrote:Jdubb....and to think I told you to buy a crappy TrailTech piece. Very nice! bow

Thanks!

Notice it's not hooked up yet... I'm waiting to put my Cycras on before I button it all up. nice

I'll be running wires up to them ala Hodakaguy's zeta flasher mod...can't wait!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:04 am

Nice job, looks bombproof as well! Tell us more of the cutting process, Pics??

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:47 am

stroupdog wrote:Nice job, looks bombproof as well! Tell us more of the cutting process, Pics??

I cheated and did it at work on a CNC mill. Don't have any pics of that.

Yeah, it's pretty stout. It doesn't really weigh much though. I guess I could have milled a slot in the back side to reduce weight a little???

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down