Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Brake Light Switch?

Go down

Front Brake Light Switch? Empty Front Brake Light Switch?

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:51 pm

My bike's plated and dual-sport kit set-up. However, the Baja Designs kit on it only has a rear brake light switch. I rarely use the rear brake, especially on the street and would like to fit a front switch to it. I know I could tap on the rear brake whenever necessary, but I'd rather just fix the problem at it's source.

Is the XR650L pretty much the same thing with a switch? (I don't have one around I can compare with.) Is there another one I'm not aware of that would work well?

I'm handy enough to wire it into the existing harness if I can find one with a compatable leverage ration and fitting.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Front Brake Light Switch? Empty Re: Front Brake Light Switch?

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Another option is to replace the banjo bolt on the front with a hydraulic switch.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-120104/Switch%2c+Hydraulic+Brake%2c+Nissin

Front Brake Light Switch? 120104

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Do you have experience with that one? It looks like the same one I have in the rear setup now.

It's not too long?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 pm

I used one like the photo. There is a place on the BD harness where they plug in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Sweet! I'm ordering one right now!

Thanks guys

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:16 am

I ordered mine from Wheeling at the time I also bought their LED tail light conversion.
They're the cheapest - and great service.
One size is for Japanese products and the other is European (I've forgotten which is which).

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=72&offset=10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:19 am

LOL Next time ask, I have a spare...$25 includes shipping can have it. My Dakar Rally Kit came with two, well seeing as the previous owner already had the bike plated they had one on the rear, so I only used one for the front. Thus have the brand new in package one still just laying around on the work bench.

Let me know if anyone still wants assuming the OP already ordered one...otherwise first come first serve.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:01 pm

modette wrote:LOL Next time ask, I have a spare...$15 includes shipping can have it. My Dakar Rally Kit came with two, well seeing as the previous owner already had the bike plated they had one on the rear, so I only used one for the front. Thus have the brand new in package one still just laying around on the work bench.

Let me know if anyone still wants assuming the OP already ordered one...otherwise first come first serve.

PM sent

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm going to assume the OP does not need it now, so if you like what you see Clipity it is all yours. Sorry for the Thread Jack...and here is a picture

Front Brake Light Switch? Motosw10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks Modette. I haven't ordered one yet, but Clipity beat me to the draw. No worries. I'm just glad the solution was this easy, rather than a whole new master cylinder.

Merry Christmas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down