Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED Indicators

2 posters

Go down

LED Indicators Empty LED Indicators

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:15 am

Hey Guys i have Fitted some small LED Indicators front and back to the XRR, i also fitted a LED flasher relay, im Not having Muck luck getting them to work properly, I can get the rears to work and then change wires around and fronts will light up but not Flash, any one come across this before??

Back to top Go down

LED Indicators Empty Re: LED Indicators

Post  Focker Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 pm

You might have to get a LED resister to make them flash. shrug

I did for my bobber project...They worked great after that.

LED bulbs may cause some vehicles to indicate a bulb is burnt out (because of their low power consumption). Some cars indicate this by turning on a bad bulb indicator. This can be remedied with load resistors wired across the LED bulbs to simulate a filament bulb load.
LED Indicators Superbrightledsbrakelig
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:38 pm

fine - will work
BUT
why would you use LED turnsignals and then burn up the used wattage with a resistor to make the signals work?

I just bought LED turn signals and relais
as soon as I am back home I will install and see what happens
I'll keep you posted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:30 pm

LED's are diodes are rectifiers > need DC, not AC.
Do you feed that, i.e. do you have a DC system?
If so it should work, especially seeing you've got a proper led-flasher. But, it doesn't work you say, so that probably means you've got AC.
You can do 2 things:
1) Replace your Regulator (an AC model) with a Rect/Reg unit, which will produce DC, this one for instance: http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/rr167-regulator-rectifier-7078-0.html Such will switch your entire system to DC, and if you've only got lights all is fine - better even, that capacitor you see, that will help. Mind, this rect/reg is meant for a battery-less system.
2) rectify the current you feed to the led-flasher relay only. You'll need a small rectifying bridge, 2A max I'd say, and connect all keeping the correct polarity (+ & -) in mind. A single diode may also work but I'd put a proper bridge (Graetz bridge, 4 diodes, google yourself) in, as this will produce a better DC instead of, when using only 1, a pulsating DC.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 am

Forget the resisters as mentioned why load your system up when ideally you want to reduce the electrical load, the LED flashers are electronic and will produce a flashing pulse regardless of load.
As also mentioned check your running the right voltage type DC 2 thumbs
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:54 am

Cheers Guys , how do i Get DC Current to the Relay?? pick up of the Head light Maybe?? beat head

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Chrimsey,

I presume you KNOW your bike is a DC bike? Because, if so, then you could pick it up anywhere where you measure 12V. If you've got AC though you'd better read my post above.

Mauser,

nice roadbike, it really is. Looks fast, nice tyres too, and I............ WHOA, did I say ROADBIKE????
I'm sure you want to change that avatar, surely, certainly, not so?
;-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:50 pm

BuRP wrote:Chrimsey,

Mauser,

nice roadbike, it really is. Looks fast, nice tyres too, and I............ WHOA, did I say ROADBIKE????
I'm sure you want to change that avatar, surely, certainly, not so?
;-)
Ahhh but I have 2 bikes, the slightly restricted ZX12-R which is limited to 186mph and the lovely 650 for the winter months or just for chilling out down the lanes when the sun is out.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:17 am

Right,

got more bikes too, for instance a CBR600RR for the track, and a KDX200 for the tight stuff. But, this being a BRP forum I thought it fitting to splash out on my avatar, this rather than leaning on Phakisa's tarmac, hence my remark.
Besides, what's wrong with you not to derestrict a lil'? Horses for courses I'd say! A tiny connector-unit installed + a bit more costly PCIII will make it a whole lot less PC Wink

Back to top Go down

LED Indicators Empty Honda relay and front indicator brackets.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 pm

The UK bikes came with indicator wiring and switchgear, but no relay, front brackets or indicators. Fitted the first two from the Dealers.
Honda indicator relay 38301-KZI-951 (Standard fitment on XR125, XR250 and XR400)
Front indicator brackets 53101-KCY-650 and 53102-KCY-650
The relay flashes front-back-front-back instead of all on - all off, not really a problem as you rarely see front and back indicators in the same view. The LED indicators worked fine off this relay.

Cheers,
Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down