Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CO Pass Ride

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CO Pass Ride - Page 2 Empty Re: CO Pass Ride

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:28 pm

chrislogan27 wrote:Atomic, maybe you could help. I have had nothing but mad as heck "Absolutely NOT!!" Frustrated from the MVD in NM about plating. shrug Is there something I need to do or say before I spend a shit ton of cash on parts for nothing? I mean $500.00 will go a LONG way on my K5 project! affraid

Do you have a title for the bike? Is it OHV? If so, then it is nearly impossible to make it street-legal. Mine were done in CO as conversions (it's easier there) then brought to NM with street-legal titles from CO. No questions asked in this scenario. If you do try to replate as street-legal, you might have some luck with MVD express, not the state run MVD.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 pm

I have the title, in my name. its OHV. I have friends and fam in Co. I could reg there, then do the conversion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 am

Guys,

Pleeease, lighten up: of course y'all are cowboys... coz y'all are American!
Same as all from Iceland are Eskimos, all French are Frogs, all Germans Krauts, Ozzis are sheepshaggers and Canadians are.... well, dunno what they are - but it seems neither do you! CO Pass Ride - Page 2 63459
Never mind that 'cowboy' appears to have its own meaning in the US, blokes from Texas you say... that's just a province man, cut the nitty gritty.
Bear in mind this comes from a Cheese in Boerland, in an attempt to convince a Blightyman to join a concerted effort to get a dualsporting effort with a bunch of utter strangers off the ground in, where was it, Colorado?

Now then, this Briton thus far has kept eerily quiet.... Mauser, where art though???
Some consensus is needed Bru, so climb on a soapbox if you will.....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm

cowboys...
frogs...
sheepshaggers...
dunno's...
a "cheese"...
utter strangers....
and a briton supposedly on a soapbox

now that would be a rather unique / unusual ride

Last edited by dr dave on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 pm

BuRP wrote:Guys,

Pleeease, lighten up: of course y'all are cowboys... coz y'all are American!
Same as all from Iceland are Eskimos, all French are Frogs, all Germans Krauts, Ozzis are sheepshaggers and Canadians are.... well, dunno what they are - but it seems neither do you! CO Pass Ride - Page 2 63459
Never mind that 'cowboy' appears to have its own meaning in the US, blokes from Texas you say... that's just a province man, cut the nitty gritty.
Bear in mind this comes from a Cheese in Boerland, in an attempt to convince a Blightyman to join a concerted effort to get a dualsporting effort with a bunch of utter strangers off the ground in, where was it, Colorado?

Now then, this Briton thus far has kept eerily quiet.... Mauser, where art though???
Some consensus is needed Bru, so climb on a soapbox if you will.....

Hi Burp . i am wondering what is up with Mauser , never heard of him for a while shrug

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Still here guys....didn't bother reading this post as it didn't concern me.....looks like it has changed from the first post BRP smile
Now us British folk are more refined...we would rather colonise the world and bring our engineering skills & ways of life....then retreat and become a minority in our own homeland listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm

He is well 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Too well yeah, he's dodging the answers...... angry

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 pm

BuRP wrote:Too well yeah, he's dodging the answers...... angry
Sorry Burp....what was the question ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Riiiight.... you're in to join a few guys from here for a dualsported ride over in the US later this year, in Colorado?
Dave suggested this on the previous page, and I think such would be a good idea. Fly in, rent wheels, ride, see a lot & have fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 pm

I can sadly only dream, I simply couldn't afford to undertake such a trip, wife + 3 kids to keep + 3 bikes and a car on a self employed salary.....it aint gonna happen Sad.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Dang! Oot the window with that one then. Will scratch around for 1 or 2 blokes here, just to show that here too some okes ride.
Atomic & Dave, what dates are in mind? Would help to know planning-wise...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 am

In case you guys are curious there is a shop in montrose, co that will rent you a dual sport. The shop isn't far from some very epic Colorado passes including black bear, Imogene and Ophir. I know these passes well from my jeeping days and can't wait to get out on them with my BRP!! Would be happy to go with anyone wanting to check it out. Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2