Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycle Inspection in MD.

Go down

Motorcycle Inspection in MD. Empty Motorcycle Inspection in MD.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 am

I may have stepped in it here!!

Being a bit new to MD, I thought I could get the title and registration transferred from Virginia, where the previous owner had the bike titled and registered, in to Maryland with little issue.

I am having a hard time finding the EXACT requirements for inspection, but am finding things like fork reflectors, 2 mirrors, electric horn etc all required. As you might imagine, the ole girl is a bit lacking in some of these areas. She is a supermoto, and has a VA title.

Anyone have any idea what the actual MD requirements are? Any place near Baltimore that is more "relaxed" on the specifications? Any recommendations on how to get it through the process easier?

ANY info would be great.

I am new to your forum! (thanks for having me!)

Here is the XR400 I had in Thailand (it would have passed inspection!)
https://2img.net/h/i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/SwellsRides/XR400/P3150007.jpg

THIS is the bike I just purchased in VA, and need to register in MD.
https://2img.net/h/i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/SwellsRides/XR400/XR650.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/SwellsRides/XR400/XR650R.jpg

I look forward to hearing from you, and will get up to speed as quick as possible, so I can participate more.
Thanks!
Steve

"When in doubt, Punch it out!"

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Inspection in MD. Empty Re: Motorcycle Inspection in MD.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 am

Can't help you bru, sorry, but do have a Q: what airfilter do you use?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:33 pm

I am using a K&N pod filter w/filtercharger skin & custom intake pipe on the 650.

Used a stock K&N cone on the 400.

Seems to work great.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 pm

K&N?
I hope you don't ride offroad......
K&N (plus some others) are cotton-gauze filters, which are oiled, oil-wetted.
They let, when clean, more air through than foam or paper filters - at cost of filtering, they pass a lot more fine dust in relation to the aforementioned types.
Only when they build up a layer of dirt, which of course sticks to the oily gauze, they start to filter better, at cost of - you guessed it - the qty or air they pass. In fact they then approach the filtering capacity of foam, with the same filtering capacity - which is good, make no mistake, but cotton gauze needs to get dirty first, quite a bit actually.
Nothing wrong with them per se, I've got one actually, however in my trackbike.... which sees no dust.
Not in my offroads, there I'll only use foam filters. Best filtering with highest airflow, and relatively insensitive for dirt buildup.
It's your bike bru, your decision if you want to keep it. Don't clean too often is my minimum advice....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down