Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ricky stator Question

Go down

ricky stator Question Empty ricky stator Question

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2012 4:01 am

I have an '01 brp and am installing dual headlights( old school, side by side, honda baja style), 55w each?. Just picked up a 200w ricky stator and ac voltage regulator do I need anything else? I currently have BD dualsport set up, 35w headlight, taillight, turn signals etc. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Jim

Back to top Go down

ricky stator Question Empty Re: ricky stator Question

Post  Mauser Fri May 18, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Jim,
Pulled this off the net.....

This stator can be configured as either a single output of 200 watts or a dual output of 100 watts each. Single and dual output configuration instructions included.
A heavy duty AC regulator is highly recommended in place of the stock AC regulator for a single output configuration. If you want to use this stator for additional lighting with no battery in the system, the single output configuration is the preferred method.

Your 2 x 55 watt headlights would in theory use more than 1 side could supply....in reality I would think it would be fine; leaving the other side for your extra stuff.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 19, 2012 1:08 am

anyone know of a good idiot guide to electricity..obviously that would help with XR wiring and different wiring setups?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 19, 2012 2:27 am

Thanks Mauser,

I have been researching a little, it seems ricky stator will have consice instructions( I hope...)I guess I am wondering how the new stator will interface with my old BD dualsport kit. None of said parts have arrived yet. just trying to get a head start in simple terms. I was an F-16 weapons system electrician 20 some-odd years ago, did not retain shit!. It may all come flooding back though. beat head

Jimmy[url=ricky stator Question Dscn0918

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down