Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HO STATOR VS STOCK

Go down

HO STATOR VS STOCK Empty HO STATOR VS STOCK

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi,

I'm still struggling to find the HO stator. I live in Canada. I'm checking Electrosport which apparently is out of stock. In the meantime someone told me if I put in the stock stator for the XR400, it will work just fine... My question is, if I buy that stator, and use it, what does the HO stator provide extra? Is it strictly for longer life, or does it produce a better spark etc? Is it compatible with the aftermarket baja kit and all the stuff that was added in with the aftermarket HO stator?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

HO STATOR VS STOCK Empty Re: HO STATOR VS STOCK

Post  Mauser Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Whats a HO stator ?, won't matter wat stator you have rgarding what spark it produces but larger wattage stators will run more gear. Didn't know the XR400 would fit a 650R ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

HO STATOR VS STOCK Empty HO STATOR

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi,
A HO Stator is aHigh Output stator. I foud two mnufactures; electrosport nd Ricky who make the aftermarket 200 w and 250w stators. I see Baja Designs rewind exisiting stators, but they won't sell new ones for th XR650R. Electrosport has a back log until middle of May for the ESG443 which is the newest design stator to replace the ESG440 and ESG442. I run he Baja wiring kit, but I did not hook it up so I do not know if I am running AC or DC to my lighting kit. If I run the stock stator will it still run my lights as well? Yes, aXR400R will bolt right in to the XR650R. From what I can see they are the same part number. These bikes are very similar mechanically with exception of cooling type and displacement. If anyone has more information please let me know.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 pm

I don't think they are the same stator.....
XR400R Stator: 31120-KCY-671
XR650R Stator: 31120-MBN-671
Please prove me wrong Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

HO STATOR VS STOCK Empty hmmmm

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, I can see the part #'s are different, you may be right. According to part #'s there is a difference. The owner of the bike shop I deal with is pretty outstanding and he says the 400 stator will work in the 650... and if I look on the sites it appears they are the same so I don't know why the different part number... and the 400 does have a head light stock... I will be anxious to see what outputs it has, and how I can use it to run my accessories or if I can at all... I will keep you posted. Please let me know if you hear of anything confirming either way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 pm

CRF450 fits BRP.
Costs less.
HO STATOR VS STOCK Generator

Back to top Go down

HO STATOR VS STOCK Empty SWEET!

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Awesome... ok,can you tell me the output, number of outputs, and what name brand you suggest? Availability? Any mods to bolting it in to adapt properly to the 650?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 pm

A friend of mine installed original crf450x (175w) stator.
Thats all i know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:18 am

Mauser wrote:Whats a HO stator ?

Mauser Mauser Mauser, fooi man, your actual hobby shines through here!
Keep in mind this is a public forum, read by toddlers even - yeah, exceptionally bright one's I'll admit but still, accessible by all & sundry.
I'll admit that by asking this you did bring a smile to me mug though, but then again we all will remain normal men, even when we ride an exceptional bike.

asking for it

Completely off-topic also, Paul answered a Q of mine on his HD-radiators, but on my mail how to proceed to buy a set it did become eerily quiet - he's on holiday maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm

BuRP wrote:
Mauser wrote:Whats a HO stator ?

Mauser Mauser Mauser, fooi man, your actual hobby shines through here!
Keep in mind this is a public forum, read by toddlers even - yeah, exceptionally bright one's I'll admit but still, accessible by all & sundry.
I'll admit that by asking this you did bring a smile to me mug though, but then again we all will remain normal men, even when we ride an exceptional bike.

asking for it

Completely off-topic also, Paul answered a Q of mine on his HD-radiators, but on my mail how to proceed to buy a set it did become eerily quiet - he's on holiday maybe?

As long as it made you smile then it was worth it m8 Bump was wondering what the HO stood for...was thinking more technical hence the obvious answer was beyond me Frustrated
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

HO STATOR VS STOCK Empty XR400 stator

Post  Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:59 pm

So I put in the XR400R stator last night and it runs fine, and all my lights work... I had to modify some wiring and connectors, but it works just fine.... so why would I upgrade to the High output stator now? I will order one, but I'm still unclear on the difference it will make... I figure this one may burn out quicker because its not as powerful but other than that I don't see any reason to change it again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 am

Well now, with different stators fitting into the Pig we learn something here... maybe!
The 'stator' is 3 parts: the ligthing coils with 2 ignition-power coils plus the (loose) ignition pickup-coil.
No worries about the ligthing coil assy, if it fits it fits and it's just a power supply, it is the loose pickup coil that's most important!
If it mounts just a notch different than the original - and I am talking about the tangential distance, a tiny distance different is very important here - then the ignition timing will be off, worse even, it'll be off over the entire rev-range ie a completely wrong ignition curve!

This is easy to check though - with a strobe light.
If it fires at idle (a low idle!!) at the correct point then the entire curve will be fine as this curve is created by the ign-module.
So, my advice is to strobe-light check the ignition if you've mounted a different-model's stator. Oh, the fact that it runs is absolutely no indication that "all must be fine" as an engine will run within a rather wide span of the ignition setting, and the 'off'-amount (the off-angle) will be carried over to the entire ignition curve.
It is at higher revs and higher loads that an engine breaks if ignited wrong, so be careful and check first.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down