Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between street bike and dirt bike brake lines?

Go down

Difference between street bike and dirt bike brake lines? Empty Difference between street bike and dirt bike brake lines?

Post  Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:20 pm

I've put the CRF front end on my XR and that's great, but with the bar risers and high contour bars the brake line is getting kind of short. It has got to run in behind the front plate by the headlight and electrical I don't like that.

So I was going to order a longer universal stainless brake line but got to wondering if there's a difference between "dirtbike" and "streetbike" brake lines? Other than the vinyl covering for the clamps I'm really not seeing a difference.

study

Back to top Go down

Difference between street bike and dirt bike brake lines? Empty Re: Difference between street bike and dirt bike brake lines?

Post  Mauser Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:05 am

I agree there the same....just the street bikes will probably have a large range of pretty colours (colors) Very Happy
...end of the day the job they do is identicle.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Difference between street bike and dirt bike brake lines? Empty Re: Difference between street bike and dirt bike brake lines?

Post  Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 pm

nice thanks for the feedback!

I was looking at one of these in the length I need. I've got to do some measuring and looking but if the straight fittings will work on the master and caliper it'll be hard to beat a custom length stainless brake line for only $36 bucks.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/983/28909/ITEM/Streamline-Universal-Braided-Stainless-Steel-Brake-Line.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Venhill do some with a swivel nut at each end so you can rotate to the right direction, I know from experience the HEL brake lines which appear to have fixed banjo's also can be turned without any worries.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down