Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cali Plates for Any Dirt Bike?

Go down

Cali Plates for Any Dirt Bike? Empty Cali Plates for Any Dirt Bike?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Anyone need plates for a dirt bike I found a company that has three sources to do it. It's $500 for the process. That is only to get you a plate and doesn't include any parts.

Don't post this around the web as I don't want this to go away by a stampede of posers going through there and ruining it for you and I. I was told by a CHP guy that the CA DMV cruises the web searching for people who have found holes in their system.

PM me for ...

Back to top Go down

Cali Plates for Any Dirt Bike? Empty Re: Cali Plates for Any Dirt Bike?

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:35 am

you cab do it yourself, its dmv that charges the 500 bucks, you just have to go through a couple inspections at a regional office with an appointment, did two of em last year

Back to top Go down

Cali Plates for Any Dirt Bike? Empty ???

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm referring to getting Cali plates for motorcycles that are currently illegal to get Cali plates for. Like, for example, XR650Rs.

gonefirefighting wrote:you cab do it yourself, its dmv that charges the 500 bucks, you just have to go through a couple inspections at a regional office with an appointment, did two of em last year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:03 pm

yep,

just need a law enforcement sign off or regional registerer of the state from an inspection. my 01 was plated in november in eldorado co. ca. (xr650r)

Back to top Go down

Cali Plates for Any Dirt Bike? Empty Good luck

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 pm

Those aren't legal and the DMV is slowly yanking those plates. There are ways around the law through mistakes by cops, the DMV, and so forth. But they are getting yanked. I know it for a fact. All the DMV has to do is run a DB search for plated bikes with certain letters or numbers in certain positions then run that against the date the plate was issued. There are a few searches they can do ...

gonefirefighting wrote:yep,

just need a law enforcement sign off or regional registerer of the state from an inspection. my 01 was plated in november in eldorado co. ca. (xr650r)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Just take your bike to AZ plate it there for 45.00 then transfer to cali after 1-2 years. Easily done a friend of mine has been doing it for years.

I am keeping my az plates though, I like the "out of state look".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:17 pm

I just took mine to Yuma and transfered title to AZ using a friend's address there. My XR didn't even have the DS kit installed yet. 20 minutes and $30 later had a plate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down