Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock stator with a DS kit?

Go down

Stock stator with a DS kit? Empty Stock stator with a DS kit?

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm

My bike came with a Eline battery kit that was all botched up and a rear brake light/molded indicator/plate holder on the back. Handlebar switch didnt work so I picked up a cheapy with a high/low beam switch, indicator switch and a horn button. I fiddled with it until I got the rear brake light functional, headlight works on AC, indicators are(must be?) on ac so I can't hook up a flasher (I just click the switch back and forth depending which way on im turning to make the indicators flash), and i wired the horn button to be my kill switch. The Eline battery pack is still incorportated but needs to go.

The question: Can I just add a Baja Designs regulator rectifier and a battery to the stock stator.

I just want my headlight not to dim, and have DC so I can add a flasher to the indicators. I dont need a horn(or want one). If i ever decide to get it inspected I will do a 9v horn or something, not worried about a horn.

Back to top Go down

Stock stator with a DS kit? Empty Re: Stock stator with a DS kit?

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Also. I had a portable vacuum die on me. I disassembled it, took the batterys out and put them inline, there iss (10) 1.2v batterys 1300mah that are charged up and read a 12v output on the meter (the BD pack is (10) 1.2v 700mah). Can I use this pack or no good?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Yes you can but Its worth upgrading to a high output stator ( you can rewound yours cheaply ) , as it makes huge difference especialy on a american xrr .

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down