Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baja Designs Dual Sport kit issues?

Go down

Baja Designs Dual Sport kit issues? Empty Baja Designs Dual Sport kit issues?

Post  Guest Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm having some issues with my bd ds kit (bought with the 2000 650r) originally none of the lights were working but I got that sorted out, unfortunately now the lights are directly effected by my rpm's. if I'm idling the lights flicker at a dim level, but when I rev it's almost as if I'm going to bust a bulb it's so bright. I don't really know how to charge the battery (the 10 double a battery pack) because I don't have a charger that will work, and I'm guessing my bike isn't properly charging the battery when it's running. Do you guys think it's the rectifier? How can I test it to be 100% sure? Also, how does the baja designs rewound stator work? the way I have the bike set up now is 2 wires coming out of the stator that both tested with a multimeter as putting out good power goes to the rectifier, then two wires from the rectifier go to the battery (1 for power and 1 for grounds). I'm not sure how it works as I am electronically challenged (good description for this subforum!). How does everyone else have their's run so I can learn?

Back to top Go down

Baja Designs Dual Sport kit issues? Empty Re: Baja Designs Dual Sport kit issues?

Post  Guest Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 am

Simple answers for a not-so-simple job due to the electrically challenged you Bump
1) disconnect the light and go ride >> this should charge the batteries.
2) then connect the lights (via an Off/On switch) to the + of the batteries (assuming you have a full-DC system).
If the latter assumption is wrong (eg AC and DC system, not uncommon) then I dunno how to help you via this medium. But BD should, go phone them?

Back to top Go down