Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRP thermostat install help!!!

Go down

BRP thermostat install help!!! Empty BRP thermostat install help!!!

Post  Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi everyone well some of you know im new to this forum and told you i am the proud owner of 2002xr650r! well i did the uncorking and have read in this forum that the thermostat sticks open( sure this is old news to you guys) but in curiousity i checked mine and yes it was stuck open! i have the xrs only thermostat i purchased in anticipation that my oem one was defunct! now this may sound stupid but is there a certain way the thermo goes in the housing?

i forgot how the old thermo was in there? yes i know it can only go in one way being that its an offset thermo...but the thermo can still pivot to left or right about 1/4 without hitting the tabs in the thermo housing...does the thermo need to be between these tabs? not sure just want to be safe so thermo opens correctly! any info will help thanks

Last edited by Mauser on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CAPS STUCK ON)

Back to top Go down

BRP thermostat install help!!! Empty Re: BRP thermostat install help!!!

Post  Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:41 pm

I can't remember now , but i think that there is a ( crappy ) picture in the service manual  where you can see which way to install the TS . I am sure it only goes in one way  anyway .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:31 am

THANKS MAD FROSTY.... WILL CHECK IT OUT! I DONT THINK IT MATTERS IF IT CAN PIVOT A LITTLE TO LEFT OR RIGHT! LIKE YOU SAID IT WILL ONLY GO IN A CERTAIN WAY!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:59 am

JRZ7285 wrote:THANKS MAD FROSTY.... WILL CHECK IT OUT! I DONT THINK IT MATTERS IF IT CAN PIVOT A LITTLE TO LEFT OR RIGHT! LIKE YOU SAID IT WILL ONLY GO IN A CERTAIN WAY!
There is no reason to write all your posts in capitals !!!! listen up 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:48 pm

WHAT'S UP ?
BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down