Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robby's BRP thread

Go down

Robby's BRP thread Empty Robby's BRP thread

Post  Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:37 am

This will be my build thread which will list everything I do with my bike and be continuously updated.
2000 xr650r with California plate
mods:
uncorked
edelbrock carb
stage 2 hot cams
GPR stabilizer
Baja dual sport kit (and 200w stator)
radiator guards
ims 3.7 gallon tank (will be getting a 4.6 soon)
wider foot pegs (with the foot peg mod so they don't fall off)
shark fin on the back disc
rear fender sub frame (based of one scott summers used to sell, but custom built to be stronger)

future mods/installs:
dash board which will include: USB and 12v chargers, lights for blinkers and high/low beams, will either make my own speedo using an arduino using the existing parts of my broken trail tech vapor or most likely buy a new trail tech vapor
ims 4.6 gallon tank
heated grips(maybe)
passenger pegs

Pics:
Robby's BRP thread 7cXOXgB

Robby's BRP thread VYIjttJ

Last edited by Mauser on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures...remove the part after the jpg to insert)

Back to top Go down

Robby's BRP thread Empty Re: Robby's BRP thread

Post  Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:18 pm

How do you like the Edelbrock pumper carb over the factory non pumper carb?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I bought mine with all of the listed stuff, I probably would have left it stock if I got it stock just because it's reliable and you can find those parts easier, but man oh man am I loving that edelbrock, there's no choke, it works better at altitudes (I live at 700ft but just took the bike up around 8000 and the thing had no issues with power at any point in the rpm band. It's also extremely responsive, the only thing that was a bit weird to get used to was that with the stock carb you can hear that click when you go through the kicking procedure but there is no click with the edelbrock, it's no different, just no audible click to let you know you're doing it right so when I was first getting used to the drill it was a bit harder but once I got that first 10-20 kicks it just became habit and it'll start up cold with one kick nearly every try.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:24 am

RobbySkateboard wrote:I bought mine with all of the listed stuff, I probably would have left it stock if I got it stock just because it's reliable and you can find those parts easier, but man oh man am I loving that edelbrock, there's no choke, it works better at altitudes (I live at 700ft but just took the bike up around 8000 and the thing had no issues with power at any point in the rpm band. It's also extremely responsive, the only thing that was a bit weird to get used to was that with the stock carb you can hear that click when you go through the kicking procedure but there is no click with the edelbrock, it's no different, just no audible click to let you know you're doing it right so when I was first getting used to the drill it was a bit harder but once I got that first 10-20 kicks it just became habit and it'll start up cold with one kick nearly every try.
The click is from the auto decompression system on the stock cam.

You running a stage two you have no auto decompression, hence no click.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:51 am

ah, so it's not even the carb it's the cams, interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down