Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stator ebay

Go down

stator ebay Empty stator ebay

Post  Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:59 pm

l seen this stator what do you guys think
Why l was thinking of one for my self was thinking to add more head lambs for night vision in the future
you comments are welcome
mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380693594557&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1989wt_1205

Back to top Go down

stator ebay Empty Re: stator ebay

Post  Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:31 pm

another question related when one goes with a another stator what is the best system , l wish to add head lamp with more wattage and heated grips ,
also is a total ac unit the way to go , l see ac and dc stators so l do not wish to go with a battery , any info will help in this process
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

stator ebay Empty std stator output

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:57 am

euro models have ac + dc system, us models ac only, i installed a twin 100wt output stator [electrosport] it has too much output for the std euro dc side, i blew the std reg/rec, ive had to install a h/d reg/rec + a small gel battery, i do now have 100wt twin headlight[ 100wt dip/100wt high beam], i needed dc to run indies/ horn for wof needs
there probably is higher than std stators , or alternatively rewind one yourself or get it it done, the one mentioned looks the business

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:05 am

xr honda to the max wrote:another question related when one goes with a another stator what is the best system , l wish to add head lamp with more wattage and heated grips ,
also is a total ac unit the way to go , l see ac and dc stators so l do not wish to go with a battery , any info will help in this process
thanks mike
If you only need headlamp + grips stop with AC only....Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:27 pm

thanks guys
Mauser states; If you only need headlamp + grips stop with AC only....

ok will the orginal stator l have in the o4 xr handle what watt head lamp with hot grips , as this bike l have will most likey stay in the dirt . l hear that xr from 04 up can,t be put on the street and if mine wasn't ever can not go to the street legally . The former owner did't have the bike plated and the prevois owner we don't know the history .
the reason for hot grips maybe ,in my area we have cool fall and springs .
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Stock UK stator is 55 Watt....now at 12volts thats just over 4 amps total power available to run all the bike including ignition etc....do the maths listen up 
If you want a 55 Watt headlight it isn't going to be very bright once the ignition has taken its bit...hence your model and mine only came with a 35 Watt headlight as standard.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:13 pm

my old xr were 6 volt stator and bulbs , whats the volage on the xr 650 r , l have specs here some where but need to find
l quess my best best is to change stator and fiqure out a prpoer wiring set up
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:24 pm

l checked out my specs its a 12 volt system l should of checked
mike
oh so these bike in stock form only have 35 watt lights to go to 55 what l would need which stator for my needs , not sure what the one on ebay l see if its a ac or ac / dc system and what watts or ampres the stator produces will need to check with the seller
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Work out exactly what you want on the bike...add up the power in Watt's and then see what needs AC and what needs DC and start from there, you can get AC horns but they don't work to well.....I have the stock US loom on my bike and horn is useless lol.
If you only need the basics you could get a European stator and loom and swap them over, it only takes about 20 minutes to do. I have both set-ups for my bike but currently I love the simply 3 wire loom lol.....no indicators, no main beam, no brake lights just as Honda planned it Smile.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:32 am

That stator in your link its very cheap , i am not saying that its a bad thing just thinking why Xr's only charge more just for rewinding your old stator and ricki stators charges 150 for a new one , not sure if i would trust the quality but i might be wrong shrug 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 am

Mad Frosty wrote:That stator in your link its very cheap , i am not saying that its a bad thing just thinking why Xr's only charge more just for rewinding your old stator and ricki stators charges 150 for a new one , not sure if i would trust the quality but i might be wrong shrug 
nice

You can modify the stator by yourself and save money.

Look here:

http://www.xr650r.us/stator/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:18 pm

thanks Aurora
on another though , l have two 85 xl 350 r bikes as spare bike parts , l used the forks and thripe tree and whole set on my 1981 xr 500r , works great with hyd. brakes !!!!, GREAT . was wondering if the stators from these model would fit !! just a thought l just might go for the ebay stator just need more lights for my needs might add some extras but not much , l was reading on the form about batterys and compastors for the dc side and wiring info COOL info what would you sudjust a battery or compastor " SPELLING " , does this form have spell check ??!!
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:22 pm

My take on this - replace it all with LEDs...

A UK bike, with the stronger sator, runs out of juice with:
- Front OEM light
- Two x LED lights
- Brake/ignition lights
- GPS

With the above - the indicators (bulb ones) don't work.

The same bike, with front OEM headlight removed entirely, plus LED indicators and tail-light; no issues....

My winter bike build is going to try to replace the entire front cowling with a couple of LED lamps, plus a front-rack with the extra space from not having a cowling.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 pm

xr honda to the max wrote:thanks Aurora
on another though , l have two 85 xl 350 r bikes as spare bike parts , l used the forks and thripe tree and whole set on my 1981 xr 500r , works great with hyd. brakes !!!!, GREAT . was wondering if the stators from these model would fit !! just a thought l just might go for the ebay stator just need more lights for my needs might add some extras but not much , l was reading on the form about batterys and compastors for the dc side and wiring info COOL info what would you sudjust a battery or compastor " SPELLING " , does this form have spell check ??!!
thanks mike
No spell check.

Are you going to ride this on the road?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 pm

l will be off road and still need lights after a trip most times come in late , l have only once since having this bike drove at night not the greatest for sure but got me to the camp ok . The led light might be a answer they use less amprage them the regular bulbs right ??!!. l may try this first if doen't work for my needs l will purchase and wire in a stator
the bike will be parked now getting cold here and beleive the snow here is here to stay . My garage is full with sleds so the bike will be parked ,in the spring l will address many items l have learent on this forum .
thanks for the tips from all who made sudjustions
mike

Back to top Go down

stator ebay Empty Ug

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:13 am

I'm learning, I just bought a RMstator off ebay, now I read here.  I'm wondering is it ac/dc.  I want to run a Ruckus headlight, with the stock tail-light/brake light,that's the AC part, then I have a TUSK off road dc kit, 2 aux power,  Wonder If I can charge the 12v battery, and have a 12v aux power x2 one with a USB port, will this 200w stator be ac/dc?  dduuhhhh, I don't know.

Last edited by luckychucky on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added stuff)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:17 pm

The Stator is AC , to get DC you run it trough the Regulator/rectifier  study 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:27 pm

one will require a battery or a condensor also , some info on this site l couldn't find the topic , Heres a topic on the subject which may help
mike
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161729

l would contact the seller of the stator you purchased for a wiring diagram and set up instrcutions also
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down