Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edelbrock Quick Silver carb replacement

Go down

Edelbrock Quick Silver carb replacement Empty Edelbrock Quick Silver carb replacement

Post  Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:25 am

hi there...new to the site, but you folks have a lot of great information. here's my deal...looking at purchasing a '03 BRP with an Edelbrock Quick Silver pumper carb installed. Despite great reviews, Edelbrock discontinued the Quick Silver and I guess, parts are hard to locate ? The bike is up in CO now, but the move will bring it back to Upstate NY. The resulting change in elevation, will be about 4500ft lower. I'll definitely be looking to adjust the needle, etc... Worst case, I'll have to replace the unit if parts are an issue? Any suggestions other pumper carbs - success on what models ? thanks

Back to top Go down

Edelbrock Quick Silver carb replacement Empty Re: Edelbrock Quick Silver carb replacement

Post  Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:30 am

The parts for the edelbrock are very rare but if your keep you eyes open they do pop up now and again , there was a uncomfirmed rumour that edelbrock will make small amount of parts for the carb because of the customers demands but i am not sure if its the truth ..
In my opinion the best carb its the mikuni tm40 , it fits in like glow , it performs miles better than the oem carb , easy to set up as there is a waste amount of information on the web to help you to get close , cheaper than the keihin fcr 41 , no modification to the fuel tank , and the fact that you dont have to worry about spare parts aviability  like with the edelbrock .

Last edited by Mad Frosty on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Edelbrock Quick Silver carb replacement Empty Re: Edelbrock Quick Silver carb replacement

Post  Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:08 am

The 19E needle is what most people run. This is what probably is in your carb.

In New York, start at say 12 clicks out from full rich and the pump bleeder screw at 1.5 turns out.

If you are going to sell the Eddy, let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:03 am

cool..thanks fellas..I'll keep in touch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down